Author Topic: Bunn ES-1a  (Read 1647 times)

Tex

Re: Bunn ES-1a
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
Maybe we've done too good a job promoting these? $550 MAX!

BTW - The seller in Long Island, NY will take offers on that nice looking machine.

Tex

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »
Hey Matt - I heard you bought the Bunn ES-1A in Houston. You dog, that was an absolute steal! Way to go!

;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:57:03 AM by Tex »

mattquist

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
Thanks.  The wife won't let me keep the Expobar in house, but I got pre-approved to install the Bunn.  I figure if I can rebuild the Expobar w/no experience, then I can probably handle the bunn too.  I can only imagine what the prior owner is going to think when they try to ship the Bunn from Texas to Florida for the $23 shipping charges.  That's going to hurt!

By the way Tex, this is all your fault!  What makes it harder is the misses isn't a coffee drinker, although I was able to get her to drink her first Cap the other day (1/2 strength & extra sweet), and she liked it!

I'll be hitting you up for help and parts suppliers soon!

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:13:07 AM »
What makes it harder is the misses isn't a coffee drinker, although I was able to get her to drink her first Cap the other day (1/2 strength & extra sweet), and she liked it!
The missus of our house was not a coffee drinker, at first.  It took almost twenty years, a HotTop, and some really great GCBC greens, but now she is more heavy-duty than I.  In the morning, the conversation goes something like this: "I want my coffee!  .... 'mornin'..."
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Tex

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:09:39 AM »
Thanks.  The wife won't let me keep the Expobar in house, but I got pre-approved to install the Bunn.  I figure if I can rebuild the Expobar w/no experience, then I can probably handle the bunn too.  I can only imagine what the prior owner is going to think when they try to ship the Bunn from Texas to Florida for the $23 shipping charges.  That's going to hurt!

By the way Tex, this is all your fault!  What makes it harder is the misses isn't a coffee drinker, although I was able to get her to drink her first Cap the other day (1/2 strength & extra sweet), and she liked it!

I'll be hitting you up for help and parts suppliers soon!

Oh yeah, blame the kid from Texas for everything! ;D

ktulu64

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 09:39:14 PM »
If I had stumbled across this site just a little earlier, I imagine I would have been in a bidding war for the Bunn ES-1A that was located here in Houston (I say here in Houston, because that is where I am)

I guess I will just have to wait for the next one to show up...unless I can figure a way to get the one from Long Island here for not too much cash...

I haven't even tried a good HX machine, and I am drooling all over the net looking for the Bunn ES-1As (thanks in no small part to Mr. Harmon)

and for Tex's benefit, "honk if I'm an Aggie"

(class of '99--and an engineer, to boot--gadzooks, another one...) >:D ;D

mattquist

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 02:02:59 PM »
I figure I was pretty fortunate to snag that one.  It's taken along time getting to my dorstep (the seller has been a nightmare).  However, my wife drug it into the house this afternoon, and I'm stuck at the firehouse until tomorrow morning before I can even lay eyes on it.   Torture!

ktulu64

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:42 PM »
I'm sure that is torture.

Seller's remorse, I suppose (lower than hoped for price + higher than expected shipping = 1 ticked-off unhelpful Seller)

Just ~twelve more hours until you can see 'the precious'

Tex

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
I believe the Long Island, NY Bunn is still available. I'd offer $450 and tell the seller to pack it well & call UPS for pickup. At ~70 lbs it should cost less than $70 to ship to Texas.

Tex

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »
My afternoon espresso;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOchVJwbJYI[/youtube]

Note: It was a lot darker than the video makes it appear.

mattquist

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »
Just rub it in.  Not nice, Tex!

On a higher note, I figured out the problem with my expobar;  it wasn't the heating element, it was the main circuit breaker that was going bad.  At least I'll be able to have my nightcaps tonight!

Tex

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »
Just rub it in.  Not nice, Tex!

I didn't intend it to be mean - guess the group's collective attitude is rubbing off on me?

I just meant to motivate you, that's all!  :)