Author Topic: what is that?  (Read 694 times)

Pyment

what is that?
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
In looking at commercial machines, I often see an attachment that looks white and is situated where the steam wand should be. I suppose it has something to do with Frothing, but what are they. Below is a Unic with one. There are a variety of similar attachments. Some look like they would siphon milk out of a container froth it and deposit into a cup.

Do they work?

Is there likely to be a standard steam wand available?

Offline shakin_jake

• Standard User
  • one over the 8th
Re: what is that?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
I say don't bother with them.  Anyone with half a brain can learn how to froth milk using a conventional steam arm with a one, two, three or more hole tip

Getting slightly off topic...I'm going to offer my Salvatore Espresso HX machine (with a real steam wand) for sale here on this forum shortly Pyment.  You may or may not be interested in it.  The price will be $850 including insured ground shipping to any of the lower 48 states

Why am I selling it?  I need the money for another project.  In this lousy Ibowa economy I'm forced to consider selling things I'd rather hold on to yet I've had a commercial espresso machine project that has been on the back burner for sometime and when my One Black (and Red) Salvatore espresso machine sells, that will give me incentive to move forward with the Rimini espresso machine project

The little machine on the left (below) is the Salvatore HX machine I'm selling.  To the right is the Futurmat Rimini.  Father Coughlin is above both

Jake
Reddick Fla.
Forget Dogs and Cats, Spay and Neuter Liberals
Partnership for a Liberal-Free America