Author Topic: Ideas of things I could include with the Bosco? Brainstorming session.  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
With there only being so much flexibility in pricing something, I am interested to know what coffee related things people might be pleasantly surprised to also receive with the purchase of a Bosco espresso machine. With my primary career between college and chiro school being surgical implant sales, I realized very quickly that even very small unexpected things can really make people incredibly happy and it further separates their experience with you.

My initial thought was possibly including a set of 2 - Nuova Point Napoli Demitasse Cups and Saucers. I thought they would be appropriate because they are made by Nuova Point of Italy, they are very traditional / thick looking and they are named after the city the Bosco is made in as well.

I checked into Reg Barbers with the Bosco logo on them and . . . . uh. . . we will just say they were really expensive with the minimum order and the minimum order did not really get you much of a discount. So, that idea is out. I might save that one for later if I start selling a decent number of machines, then I could just back gift the original buyers :) .
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:49:54 PM by Warrior372 »

milowebailey

Re: Ideas of things I could include with the Bosco? Brainstorming session.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:36:10 PM »
Include a couple lbs of good espresso blend.... your roast!

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »
I like it! Oh man, if it is truly an Italian espresso blend I should probably start stocking up on cheap Brazilain beans and Indian Robusta! Where is the thread that was talking about that a few weeks ago . . . . . . .

I think it is a great idea! Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:54:17 PM by Warrior372 »

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
Custom tamper?

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »
FedEx shipping?  ;)
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

blzrfn

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »
I would say a bottomless portafilter upgrade (find a local machine shop to turn down a couple extras to have on hand and swap out) would be an appropriate and enticing upgrade for both commercial and home users.  Some espresso beans would be good for home users, but wouldn't be more than a dial-in/training tool by commercial users.  Perhaps some custom micro-fiber towels, knock box or even a custom plaque/name plate mounted on the machine are all worth considering. 

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
Hai Pham in Tampa aka (precisiontampermaker) on ebay does custom work along with batches for large customers. Very reasonable prices, especially if you want the fabled 58.4mm tamper or just the base.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
I would say a bottomless portafilter upgrade (find a local machine shop to turn down a couple extras to have on hand and swap out) would be an appropriate and enticing upgrade for both commercial and home users.  Some espresso beans would be good for home users, but wouldn't be more than a dial-in/training tool by commercial users.  Perhaps some custom micro-fiber towels, knock box or even a custom plaque/name plate mounted on the machine are all worth considering.

I already got them to throw in a Bottomless in place of the single spout PF. So a 1-Group would come with a naked PF and a 2 spout PF. I was trying to figure out how to mount a badge on or in the external cover of the machine with my logo and what number machine they purchased engraved on it, but thought that might upset some people. Towels could be cool!

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
Hai Pham in Tampa aka (precisiontampermaker) on ebay does custom work along with batches for large customers. Very reasonable prices, especially if you want the fabled 58.4mm tamper or just the base.

I think he is on Tradekey too isn't he? I will check him out!

Thank you for all of the ideas everyone!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 03:51:59 AM »
An electronic manual written by you and updated as circumstances permit.  They could download it online and always have access to the latest and greatest manual.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 07:51:26 AM »
Good idea! I know they send a written manual with the machine, but I have no idea how good or bad it is. If it is not the best I could modify it and make a download file on the website and if it is actually good I could just type copy it into an e-file and do the same.

Tex

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 08:14:25 AM »
A professionally made DVD, showing how to use & maintain the machine. Maybe include a blown up parts diagram (very useful for the user to be able to put the right name to something when talking to service department/help desk).

My phone number, so when they get tired of the lever gig they can buy a real espresso machine? ;)

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »
I am planning on putting a video on the website of how to use it. Maintenance videos are a good idea too! The only real maintenance would be descaling and swapping the o-rings and piston seals. I am sure a video of how to do that would be very helpful! I will put a note in there that says if anyone is looking for a sweet fake carbon fiber paint job on their machine to contact you :) .

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
with less expencive toys i like when there is enough in the box that i can take it out and play with it right away (coffee beans, tamper, foaming pitcher and thermometer) but hen i am frustrated if the extras are substandard quality and i have to go get better ones..  I think some decent espresso coffee to play with is a great idea.. the other stuff may be stuff they have or know what style they want already.. maybe offer options for accessories when you have the capital to stock up.. but just send good beans and video links or a DVD for getting them off in the right direction.. 

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »
A nice tamper.

People would really like that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:50:35 AM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison