Vendor Discussion Boards > old Traveling road shows

Full: Ibirk, Turkish Coffee Maker - Traveling Road Show

<< < (18/18)

BoldJava:

--- Quote from: smico on April 20, 2014, 08:48:00 AM ---... have had in the last little while. 
It might be that I have Turkish so rarely, but for sure Sulawesi shines big time using that preparation.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the idea.  I will try the Sula PB in my ibrik - - it is spectacular in the espresso.

Fahad:
According to how the levantine-run roasters we have here sell their coffee for prep as Turkish coffee, the variant would normally be either Brazilian or Colombian, where Colombian is apparently conceived to be the superior grade.

Most customers would buy their coffee ground on the spot with cardamom in the same grinder.

In one case I made espresso with beans bought from one of those roasters, and somehow the texture was espresso-like but the flavor was so close to what Turkish coffee tastes like when prepared. I was baffled at the time, and would now guess it is related to roast profile where I'm assuming beans are either scorched or baked as I suspect this is an extreme and not some sort of middle ground profile.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

smico:
This is interesting theory Fahad. I would have not thought about that... Indeed, my profile was a bit longer than desired.
I dropped the beans at higher temp, and then struggled throughout the roast to follow my old template, then tamed the roast at the end too much...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version