Vendor Discussion Boards > old Traveling road shows

Closed to New Entrants: Cold Bruer, Traveling Road Show

(1/16) > >>

BoldJava:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bruer/cold-bruer-a-cold-brew-coffee-system

I am a sponsor at $51.  Thought we would play Monty Hall and have a traveling road show.  Here are the basics:

1.  No money now.  Item will ship Jan/Feb 2014.
2.  $5.35 to play (pay in mid-October).
3.  Gets you one week to play with it before you need to ship to next person.
4.  You have a one in ten chance of winning it as I will ask Jim Spain's wife to randomly pick a number.
5.  The winning number goes to the back of the line and gets to keep the cold brewer.

Other cold brewers have never sparked an interest for me.  I like this one because:
1.  It's on Kickstarter and love the spirit of the effort.
2.  Borosilicate glass and silicone rings (food grade).
3.  Uses aeropress filters.
4.  Makes a concentrate sufficient for 5 cups of coffee.

Post here if interested and you are sure you will be in when this hits my credit card in mid-October.  That is when I will ring your bell for the $5.35.

Who be interested?

1.  B|Java
2.  CFSheridan, pd
3   HeadChange4U, pd
4   Richdel, pd
5   Jimec3, pd , self-withdrawn, moving
6   Yakster, pd
7   JSpain, pd
9   Jano, pd
10 Ray T, pd

---
winner:  Shep, #8

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bruer/cold-bruer-a-cold-brew-coffee-system

cfsheridan:
Count me in.

headchange4u:
Not a huge fan of cold brew, but I like the look of that thing. I'm in.

BoldJava:

--- Quote from: yakster on September 18, 2013, 03:39:45 AM ---...I'm just not that into cold brew, I much prefer to hot brew into ice...

--- End quote ---

I am going the other way with it.  It is concentrate so I will use it with 207* water.

peter:

--- Quote from: BoldJava on September 18, 2013, 03:58:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: yakster on September 18, 2013, 03:39:45 AM ---...I'm just not that into cold brew, I much prefer to hot brew into ice...

--- End quote ---

I am going the other way with it.  It is concentrate so I will use it with 207* water.

--- End quote ---

My main issue with it is the smallish output for the way that I use concentrate.  Because I don't feel reconstituting the concentrate makes a viable cup of hot coffee, I only use the concentrate for iced coffee, and for that I'd like to have a large batch on hand that will last all week; that's a lot of planning ahead to do for a cup of joe 14hrs. down the road.

Sorry for the thread-crap.  I like the overall Bruer design, and think it's well thought out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version