Author Topic: What's the lastest on Aero Press?  (Read 8057 times)

BoldJava

Re: What's the lastest on Aero Press?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
What other brewing implement has it's own world championship event? That should tell you something right there. 8)

http://www.ibrikchampionship.org/

I think we need to get Smico down here next year and have a US-Canada Cezve throw-down competition for all the bragging rights.  We can let Smico recruit that bicycle bloke from British Columbia.  We would kick their butts back to Ottawa.  Milo/Yakster/Peter/BoldJava vs. Da' Canucks.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:49:17 PM by BoldJava »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
I don't think a superior device for building iced drinks will ever be invented.

At the price point not having one even just for a handful of iced drinks each summer is crazy talk.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

SJM

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
I don't think a superior device for building iced drinks will ever be invented.

At the price point not having one even just for a handful of iced drinks each summer is crazy talk.

Not the first or the last time I'll be called "crazy" :-))))

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
I just mean to say that you get so very much quality from ~$20 even at very little usage that it's worth buying for most people.

Yeah, it will be in the back of the cupboard for 97% of the time, and yeah most other devices will do better at x,y,x but when you stack it on top of a pint glass filled with ice and maybe some sweetened condensed milk....  magic!!
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

SJM

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »
I understand that, but my iced coffees don't need any improvement (IMHO).
If they did I would consider it $$ well spent.

And anyway, I'm saving up for a new roaster....:-)))

SJM

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
Yup...

smico

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 02:42:58 AM »
We can let Smico recruit that bicycle bloke from British Columbia.  We would kick their butts back to Ottawa.  Milo/Yakster/Peter/BoldJava vs. Da' Canucks.
What, what?  But now I get it...  I was reading Turkish coffee drags few days ago, looking for upcoming lotto numbers, and I saw something running away with a tail between its legs...  I could not figure out what the heck future was telling me, but now it's clear. You're gonna crumb like oatmeal cookies!

BoldJava

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
...What, what?  But now I get it...  I was reading Turkish coffee drags few days ago, looking for upcoming lotto numbers, and I saw something running away with a tail between its legs...  I could not figure out what the heck future was telling me, but now it's clear. You're gonna crumb like oatmeal cookies!

That image with the tail between the legs was that potential partner of yours in British Columbia, not the "Cevze Crushers."  Our team is assembled, complete with two subs, just in case you "Maple Leak-ers" attempt to poison our crew.  We have ordered stars and stripes for uniforms.  We have a logo and each uniform will be emblazoned with individual name and "Sons of the Stars and Stripes." 

We just signed Çağatay Baştürk of the Istanbul Steepers, as trainer/coach, in a 4-year deal, though we aren't releasing the contract numbers.  Tess Tasseography signed last winter to be our diviner.  Though old, she is still knows how "to read 'em."

I think we can bill this whole thing like a World Wrestling Federation (http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-on-kenta-26490548) event, charge admission, serve some Minnesota beer and bratwursts, peddle vacuum pots, rent Peter out to do his best Chippendale impression, have STaylor ride a unicycle, Yakster climbs some towers, Milo do his best demonstration of how to BBQ house panels, etc.  You can do some modeling with algorithms on the odds that the Canucks will get crushed in the competition and get a betting house set up in the Caribbean to keep book.

Bring it on, Leak-ers.

"Sons of the Stars and Stripes"

Ottawa Leakers

« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:29:37 PM by BoldJava »

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »
You guys should all take your hats off and then ask random pedestrians to please place Aeropress brewing tips inside. With all that combined hat storage space you guys might have a chance at making it out of the preliminary rounds.

"Sons of the Stars and Stripes"

RobertL

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
TomC posted over at HB about a sale on Aeropresses, $20 delivered. Now is your chance Susan!

http://www.home-barista.com/knockbox/20-delivered-aeropress-t31442.html

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
"Random pedestrians"... Hahaha!

Lee Morrison

SJM

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
TomC posted over at HB about a sale on Aeropresses, $20 delivered. Now is your chance Susan!

http://www.home-barista.com/knockbox/20-delivered-aeropress-t31442.html

Good price for sure, but I'm stickin' with what I've got for now.

smico

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »

We just signed Çağatay Baştürk of the Istanbul Steepers, as trainer/coach, in a 4-year deal, though we aren't releasing the contract numbers.  Tess Tasseography signed last winter to be our diviner.  Though old, she is still knows how "to read 'em."

Do I recognize Yankees/Miami Heat complex or what? 
Throwing money to get Cezve Super Stars all the way from Istanbul... 
But our ibrik will prevaaaail.  Look at the latest series where Blue Jays beat Yankees...  Or Spurs beat Miami...

I believe that you missed to post photograph of you and your super-chicken stars, so here it is:

smico

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »
This is not photo of you of course...  This is photo of Bold and his two Cezve Super Stars looking a bit lost after the battle.  I am reading the future again...

BoldJava

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2014, 03:48:18 AM »
I was at CoffeeCon today, more on that later, and so was a Turkish coffee expert

It is fairly obvious to me that the Turkish fellow was there to steal your knowledge for the Maple Leakers.  The gauntlet has been thrown down and Gophers will thump the chumps.

Vegas has the opening odds at 2-5 for the Gopher Crushers, money line at -$300.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:49:46 AM by BoldJava »