Author Topic: The Fat lady sang!  (Read 6059 times)

jspain

The Fat lady sang!
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:18:27 PM »
I went and did it!!!!!!!

I pulled the trigger on a Golden 1.5K GR1 Plus roaster from Turkey! I've been looking and toying with the idea for my passion now for probably 3 years. This was just the best for me at the right time.

I've always wanted the ability to control my roast, gas fired, and quality built! I actually was able to buy the floor model that was about 3 months old since Joshua was upgrading to a 5K machine. He also provides delivery and installation that was part of my purchase. I'm handy but I wanted to make sure I had a "turn key" machine installed properly and ready to go! That's what I've got! Delivery approximately 8/24! Can't wait! Besides that, Patti's OK with it!!!!!!! Anyone wanting to check out the machine is welcome to visit once it's installed. We love company!! Guess I'll have a great working 1# Sono for sale soon!

Joshua is also bringing in a 500-800 gram sample roaster for demo by the end of August. This is not a cheaper alternative to other roasters. However for my needs, delivery and set-up, and a quality roaster, it was the BEST option for me!  ;D

jspain

Re: The Fat lady sang!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:56 PM »
Congrats, Jim, let us know how it works out.

Thanks Chris! I'm like a kid at Christmas that can't wait for Santa to come!

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:20 PM »
Fire that baby up!  Christmas comes early to Eastern OH.  Now roast some Buckeyes in it before the rest of the Big 10 does...<hoot>...

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »
Yup  congratulations!
Now we want pictures.....

jspain

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 05:50:19 PM »
Fire that baby up!  Christmas comes early to Eastern OH.  Now roast some Buckeyes in it before the rest of the Big 10 does...<hoot>...

BUCKEYS eat gopher meat only if the buzzards don't get to it as soon as the BUCKS defensive line KILLS IT! Wisconsin baby badgers couldn't beat the BUCKS so you moved to Gopher land! I'll bet theirs no better luck there!  ;)

jspain

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Yup  congratulations!
Now we want pictures.....

Hank,

Check the 1# sample roaster option thread. Cammie posted my pics for me! Thanks for your help walking me through some options!

Offline NightFlight

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »
Sounds fantastic; pics, pics and more pics! Nothing tastes better than roasted buckeye nuts. GO BLUE!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »
Rock on, ol' buddy!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

GC7

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »
Nicely done! You sound like a kid who just got his wish to Santa answered early. Enjoy the learning curve and the coffee! Lots of it.

jspain

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »
Rock on, ol' buddy!

Thanks Peter! Now old Bold/Gopher needs to take a road trip and pick-up the warden to come see THE BUCKS here at Patti's Park some Saturday this fall and we'll roast some greens and cup. I'm so glad to have met so many great friends here at the club!

century

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 08:11:44 PM »

Congrats man. Very exciting.

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »
Very cool ! Big congrats !
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Cammie

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »
So happy for you Jim.  :)

Offline sosha

• Standard User
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:24 PM »
Woohoo!   Time for da big guns!
LMWDP #440

jspain

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 04:11:30 AM »
Thanks all!

Now the install is next and then "THE LEARNING CURVE! I'll take lot of pics of the install and "MAY BE" get them posted!