Author Topic: The Fat lady sang!  (Read 6061 times)

BoldJava

Re: The Fat lady sang!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:17:57 AM »
Thanks all!

Now the install is next and then "THE LEARNING CURVE! I'll take lot of pics of the install and "MAY BE" get them posted!

Jim, use this simple online app to "right size" large pics.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Also, your phone can be reset to a size that is commensurate with online postings.  Check "camera>settings."

jimbo

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:39 AM »
Nice Jim.  I was about to respond to the other thread.  I am going to be in Youngstown later in August, so may have to make a stop at Stone Fruit.  This really looks like a serious contender for me. 

Congrats!!

Jim

jspain

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:35 AM »
Thanks all!

Now the install is next and then "THE LEARNING CURVE! I'll take lot of pics of the install and "MAY BE" get them posted!

Jim, use this simple online app to "right size" large pics.

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

Also, your phone can be reset to a size that is commensurate with online postings.  Check "camera>settings."

Thanks Dave! Patti is able to post to Facebook. She's looking at the settings now and may be we'll get that figured out....

jspain

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
Nice Jim.  I was about to respond to the other thread.  I am going to be in Youngstown later in August, so may have to make a stop at Stone Fruit.  This really looks like a serious contender for me. 

Congrats!!

Jim

Jimbo,

I'm sure Joshua would be glad to let you take a test drive. I am two hours south of Youngstown and you are welcome to stop by the cabin and roast on the 1GR Plus if she's installed by then? Looking at the 24th of August for install. Send me a PM and I'll give you directions to the cabin, address and phone number! You are welcome to spend the night if time allows.

Tourman

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
Congrats Jim...Christmas did indeed come early! For the life of me I can't make my calendar move any faster  :(

milowebailey

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
Congrats Jim!  I know you will wonder why you didn't pull the trigger sooner, once you start using it!

jspain

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
Congrats Jim!  I know you will wonder why you didn't pull the trigger sooner, once you start using it!

Thanks Larry and I'm sure you're right!

As you know I've been looking for several years. It will be fun "learning to roast" all over again!

SJM

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 09:54:21 AM »
And such a sweet song!!!!

Good for you Jim.

Susan

jspain

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »

Good for you Jim.

Susan

Now I guess I'll need to catch up with the California girls and buy ANOTHER LEVER! Thanks Susan!

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
Congrats!  It is about time for me to wangle another trip to corporate headquarters and make the trip to Ohio.  Enjoy your new toy!

(waiting to hear how great this roaster is from Benbrook, Texas)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

jspain

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »
Congrats!  It is about time for me to wangle another trip to corporate headquarters and make the trip to Ohio.  Enjoy your new toy!

(waiting to hear how great this roaster is from Benbrook, Texas)
You're always welcome here at the cabin! I haven't seen Rob (draggoth) for a couple years. His health has not been good. You'll need to stop by and check out the new toy!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 04:10:45 PM »
I think you will be happy with your new toy.  Yes I know, you have that little butterfly bouncing around in your stomach saying, you spent HOW much for WHAT!!!   It will pass and you will soon see it was money well spent.

congrats on the new member of the family.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 04:15:45 PM »

Good for you Jim.

Susan

I just want to hear that Patti can't sing.   ;)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

jimbo

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 06:35:27 AM »

Jimbo,

I'm sure Joshua would be glad to let you take a test drive. I am two hours south of Youngstown and you are welcome to stop by the cabin and roast on the 1GR Plus if she's installed by then? Looking at the 24th of August for install. Send me a PM and I'll give you directions to the cabin, address and phone number! You are welcome to spend the night if time allows.

Thanks for the gracious offer Jim. I will be working in Youngstown 8/26-8/28.  Not sure if those days will work, but I will at least try to hit the coffee shop.  Maybe one weekend after you get it "dialed in" (shouldn't take more than a roast or two, right  8) ) my wife and I can pop in.

Good luck!!

Jim

jspain

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »

Jimbo,

Thanks for the gracious offer Jim. I will be working in Youngstown 8/26-8/28.  Not sure if those days will work, but I will at least try to hit the coffee shop.  Maybe one weekend after you get it "dialed in" (shouldn't take more than a roast or two, right  8) ) my wife and I can pop in.

Good luck!!

Jim

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife Jim!  Joshua should have his 5K and 1# sample roaster up and running by then??