Author Topic: Kitchenaid Proline Grinder Mazzer Mini Mod Help! (Done!!)  (Read 2838 times)

Offline pgde

• Standard User
Kitchenaid Proline Grinder Mazzer Mini Mod Help! (Done!!)
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
Has anybody here done this mod? I have just received all the parts from Ben Choong as well as the new burrs to install. I really need some help! Here is an extract of what I sent to Ben:

"Got the kit. I have watched your video on Youtube a number of times. I am mechanically challenged and am very concerned about drilling into the piece that comes out of the Proline.  I didn’t realize until I had all the pieces about what a challenge this will be for me.
How did you drill the holes? I am really confused since the piece doesn’t sit straight. Did you leave it in the dial and then drill? How deep do you drill?
And tapping is completely foreign to me. Do you do that by hand or is the tap used in a drill? High speed or low speed?
If I would send you the KA part and your  parts could you do the drilling for me? I think I can do the attachment. I would be willing to reimburse you for your time and shipping costs!"

So is anybody here familiar with this mod and would like to help out? Payment in coffee or dollars :-)

Thanks so much in advance!

Peter

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:25:36 PM by Joe »
Behmor 2000AB/Behmor Brewer

Offline rarebear

• Standard User
  • Rex Coffee Roaster
Re: Kitchenaid Proline Grinder Mazzer Mini Mod Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
I can help..
I worked metal most of my life..

Problem is I'm not sure what mod your talking about :)
I found the video..

Do you own a drill and extra small 1/4" ratchet set?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:24:09 PM by Joe »
Profitec Pro 700 - Mazzer Robur - North TJ-067 Roaster

Offline pgde

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:32:06 AM »
Hi Rarebear!

I do have a drill but no ratchet set.

Thanks for the assistance :-)

P.

Offline rarebear

• Standard User
  • Rex Coffee Roaster
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Use oil when drilling and tapping.. Motor, Olive, Canola..

Do NOT use a standard wrench unless you understand if you start tap crooked tap will break and you have a nightmare..

You want to push and turn forcefully and smoothly and do not tap crooked..

Once tap starts to cut a turn or two you don't have to push so hard.. Tap will pull it self in..
Try not to take tap out after it starts until through all the way.. You can back it out a 1/2 turn.. Add lots of oil while tapping..

Screw looks like a small size you may not need to use two drills.. If you ever drill a bigger hole in metal always use a pilot drill (pre-drill) of small size of about 1/8"..  It will make drilling metal much easier..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:52:58 PM by rarebear »
Profitec Pro 700 - Mazzer Robur - North TJ-067 Roaster

Offline pgde

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »
Thanks -- mod made and it works like a charm. What a difference in grind. When I put the grinder on the finest setting, the coffee is like talcum powder! Even the coarsest grind is much more even!

Peter