Author Topic: Artisan 2M Fluid Bed Roaster  (Read 3487 times)

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
Artisan 2M Fluid Bed Roaster
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
The Artisan 2M fluid bed roaster is slated to be released in September. It's possible an introductory price may be offered to folks and hopefully all the improvements from the 6M will carry over.

Is there going to be a chaff collector, external cooling?

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Artisan 2M Fluid Bed Roaster
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »
From what I hear, it's like the 6M but just smaller, so it will have a chaff collection and cooling system just like the 6M if you wish to purchase those.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 07:55:20 PM »
I was wondering about that as the photo just shows a basic unit.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 02:20:30 AM »
The hoopy thing would be your air / chaff extractor. So probably hook  fan and bag to it and you ar good to go
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline LightHaus

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »
I had already commit to buying my used Sono, when I caught wind of the Art6... it caused me a great pause....

The one thing about my Sono, that I didn't like was that I HAD to use 2.5-2.8# in each run.

I'm keeping my eye on the Artisans progress as it may very well be my second roaster.  :)  its much like Bike's N+1 seems to apply..
v
Learning the ways of the Bean.  I blame "Robert", he gave me that first cup.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:03:11 PM »
This uses Electricity instead of Gas, no?
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
Yes, it is electric, the Artisian series is.
Lighthaus, I have roasted as little as half a pound in my Artisian 6 and as much as 8 lbs in it.  It is very versatile.

Aaron

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 10:05:48 AM »
It's ready for pre-orders; pricing is more commercial than home user.
They're calling it a 2.5lb machine, at -15% weight loss makes 2lbs roasted coffee.
For a budget minded entrepreneur, this ought to get a serious look.
https://coffeecrafters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Artisan-2.5-Specification-Sheet.pdf
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:15:10 AM by hankua »

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »
I see that is for the pretty complete kit.  I wonder if they would sell it just the roaster only like they offer on the 6M.  Still that's a good price.  Im still happy with my 6M though.  Can roast a sample pack of 8 oz up to well... 8 Lbs really.

Aaron

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »
Actually it's not a complete machine; a separate blower is required. The details are sketchy, they say to call the factory for specifics.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
I believe you will be able to roast as it is.  The blower would be for chaff collecting / cooling.  It has a built in loft blower already.
Also, yes, a little more detail / info on their website would be nice, although they do have numerous youtube vids on the 6m i am betting the 2m is just a scaled down version.  One of these years I will build an external cooler for mine.  I use it's blower to cool them but am sure an external sucker instead of a fast blower would be much more efficient.  I was thinking of possibly making a stainless tube hoopiejoo thingie and using it's own blower but as a venturi affect to suck air through a colander / container setup to cool the beans.

Aaron