Vendor Discussion Boards > old Traveling road shows

Flair espresso machine- now travelling road show ;)

(1/16) > >>

SpecialReserve:
I have been looking at the Flair espresso machine. It gets really good reviews, even by some of the cafe snobs, at an unmentioned site. Do you have one? Have you had some espresso pulled on one? Whats your thoughts on it? I love to tinker and build things so I had to get one lol. Should arrive in a few days ...let me know what you think. Maybe a review here is I  order?

ptrmorton:
Yes!  Good machine if it is the same one that was promoted on Kickstart.  I don't do espresso at home, but this tempted me at the time.  Compact and well built.  I had two very nice shots from it while CAMPING!  I didn't actually use it, I just watched a friend of a friend crank out shots while I helped hand grind the beans. Just you reminding me that it exists tempts me again. Yes please on the review idea.
Debate in my mind: "I don't need more coffee equipment!!! Well, maybe just for camping .... ::) "

SpecialReserve:
PT I'm not gonna admit how much coffee making gear I have. It would cause others to question my sanity LOL. It's a sickness I have been afflicted with for quite a while  :-\.
I have been. Looking at that thing thinking " I REALLY don't need another piece of coffee hardware". But like every true junkie I justified it LOL. Coffee is really quite simple with only a few variables that need to be met. We shall see. I have even been working on my own lever machine. It helps to have friends who own a machine shop lol. I will report my results here to my fellow coffee "aficionados ". Thanks for weighing in!

martinwthree:
I just purchased one for myself this past week! So far I love it! My first few shots were with Aaron's blueberry offering from early fall, which was SUPER great. I have never owned an espresso machine of any sort before, so I am quite pleased at the quality of shot that a novice like myself can pull. The shots I have pulled are comparable to what I have obtained from the nicer coffee spots in my hood. It certainly helps to have quality temperature control on the water used to preheat the stainless components, which I have courtesy a Fellow Stagg EKG. This allows me to go from cold water in the Stagg to a shot pulled in in the Flair <5 minutes, which is nice. Boiling water on the stove top would take a bit longer I'm sure. All in all I am a BIG fan. For folks that want espresso at home, but don't want a larger machine and the maintenance that comes with it, the flair is a great option.

ptrmorton:
Multiple reviews??!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version