Author Topic: Espresso Machine & Grinder Recommendation???  (Read 9221 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Espresso Machine & Grinder Recommendation???
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
It's a fair price...but driving down there is a problem.
To toss this thread totally off orbit and deal the double hijack card I just scored a Kombucha scoby baby from a lady just a few miles north of us.  8)
Saved about a months worth of harvesting and step up cultivating that I was going to start on tomorrow.
Sweet!
John F

Thanks for reminding me John ... I have a couple in the fridge which I still haven't got around to processing yet.

:-\
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »
To toss this thread totally off orbit and deal the double hijack card I just scored a Kombucha scoby baby from a lady just a few miles north of us.  8)

Saved about a months worth of harvesting and step up cultivating that I was going to start on tomorrow.

Sweet!

John F

what are joo talkin' about?  Kombucha scoby baby?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

thejavaman

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 05:09:21 AM »
what are joo talkin' about?  Kombucha scoby baby?

Exactly.   ;D

http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/fermenting/kombucha.shtml

Dude, that's some funky stuff!!!  What exactly does that do for you???  Wouldn't a good multi-vitamin give you the same benefits???

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 05:14:48 AM »
what are joo talkin' about?  Kombucha scoby baby?

Exactly.   ;D

http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/fermenting/kombucha.shtml

Dude, that's some funky stuff!!!  What exactly does that do for you???  Wouldn't a good multi-vitamin give you the same benefits???

It has some unique nutrients that you cannot obtain anywhere else as well as detoxes and does various other wonderful things:

http://www.kombucha.org/

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:31 AM »
Wouldn't a good multi-vitamin give you the same benefits???

No, not me because you just take the vitamin out of the bottle and swallow one per day. It's not enough to "do" for the benefits I get from the projects I take on.  ;)

John F

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 06:06:18 AM »
Wouldn't a good multi-vitamin give you the same benefits???

No, not me because you just take the vitamin out of the bottle and swallow one per day. It's not enough to "do" for the benefits I get from the projects I take on.  ;)

John F

Gut health.  Projects take gut health.  Probiotics are now being stressed so that you receive/absorb the nutrition that is present in whatever passes its way.

Brother John's Kimbucktoo is probiotic, would be my guess.  You can also go probiotics with foods, as my acupuncturist has steered me:  lots of kimchee, sauerkraut, pickles, miso soup, kefir, etc.  Fermentation reigns.

But, I don't take on projects, despite excellent gut health.

B|Java

PS, Sorry Kev, didn't mean to send your thread down the tunnel of OT
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:09:57 AM by BoldJava »

thejavaman

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2008, 01:18:45 PM »
Well, we finally decided to go the super-auto route and we ended up getting a Jura Capresso Impressa ENA5 today.  I've been playing with it all day and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  The coffee and even the espresso is far better than I was expecting it to be.  The more I play with it, the more I like it.....

BoldJava

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Well, we finally decided to go the super-auto route and we ended up getting a Jura Capresso Impressa ENA5 today.  I've been playing with it all day and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with it so far.  The coffee and even the espresso is far better than I was expecting it to be.  The more I play with it, the more I like it.....

I am trying to remember if that is what the PymentMan bought...

B|Java