Author Topic: Cheapo milk frother  (Read 1232 times)

Offline BobTimo

• Standard User
  • I only have 4 grinders. I'm NORMAL!!!
Cheapo milk frother
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
Whooo hooo!!!

Got this cheapo "drink mixer" from a bargain store in one of the malls here for the equivalent of $1.25! China-made Aerolatte look-alike that runs on 2 AA batteries. Got 2 so I'd have backup when the first one dies.  :)

The wifey enjoys the latte and cappuccino with the Aeropress!

Now gotta learn latte art!

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: Cheapo milk frother
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 06:38:23 AM »
Whooo hooo!!!

Got this cheapo "drink mixer" from a bargain store in one of the malls here for the equivalent of $1.25! China-made Aerolatte look-alike that runs on 2 AA batteries. Got 2 so I'd have backup when the first one dies.  :)

The wifey enjoys the latte and cappuccino with the Aeropress!

Now gotta learn latte art!

My wife had one of those.. till it died... and loved it, I should get her another one, but then again it would be harder to convince her we need a really good espresso machine

Offline bobvilax2000

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
I have one. They work pretty good for milk, but I use mine more often for salad dressings. I can't be bothered by a manual whisk.  ;D

- -Barrett

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:16:59 AM »
If you want a really really cheap frother, just get a mouthfull of milk, swish it around like you would mouth wash, and spit it back into the cup.  Don't cost a penny that way  :o ;D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dante

• Standard User
  • High on Caffeine
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 06:01:21 AM »
If you want a really really cheap frother, just get a mouthfull of milk, swish it around like you would mouth wash, and spit it back into the cup.  Don't cost a penny that way  :o ;D

Aaron

I won't ask for a latte at your place dude.  ;D
No coffee, No workee!