Author Topic: Vaneli Mini Pro II  (Read 1479 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Vaneli Mini Pro II
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:53:40 AM »
Does anybody have one of these grinders?

https://www.securewebnexus.com/vanelis/product.php?productid=132&cat=0&page=1

I've read a little about it and this looks like it might be priced undervalue.

I don't think I have any use for it so I don't have any reason to buy one, but I'm still interested in it because the price point has activated the bang for the buck portion in my brain.  ;D

The knocks I've read are loud and messy....not sure how loud or messy but does anybody here have a clean and quiet grinder?  The pluses look like it has stepped easy adjustments from drip to espresso and the grind quality for espresso might be "ok". ??

I was just curious if anybody has used one for a while and if it's actually good quality/durability because it might make a good recommendation when people ask about a small budget set up.

John F
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

thejavaman

Re: Vaneli Mini Pro II
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »
That grinder looks very similar (if not identical) to my Nemox Lux.  If the Vaneli is anywhere near the quality and value of the Lux, you won't be disappointed.

Offline alfonso

• Standard User
Re: Vaneli Mini Pro II
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 02:08:01 AM »
Its a generic lux grinder, I would say exactly like the Nemox lux.  Very similar in price too.

They all have "Lux" burr sets.  the same ones used in the Le'lit Pl 043, and the Ascasso I2 conical.

Grind quality is very very good.  In some reviews approaching the grind quality of the Mazzer mini's.

I personally have 2 grinders with the same burrsets.  1 Benjamin Medwin, and an older Faema. Replacement burrs are available at 1st line for $29 / set.  ( the ones for Le'lit grinders )

just last week I recommended this grinder to a newbie in coffeegeek forums.

Alfonso