Author Topic: Thor Tampers  (Read 1276 times)

BoldJava

Thor Tampers
« on: August 16, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »
Now that Les has joined the club, a hearty welcome and a big thanks from an olive wood owner:

I would like to drive some business Les's way.  Want to see a delicate piece of tamping equipment, olive wood?  All Les's

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=2962.msg45093#msg45093

Here is Les's site:

http://www.thortamper.com/

Love the feel and look...

B|Java

buffalo

Re: Thor Tampers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:21:24 PM »
are you able to post a pic of the tampers?
Rosewood, olivewood, and all the types he may have in stock, hand made they may be
a pic would be handy to those not familiar with his work and products.
What's his price on them now, are there differences in price from wood to wood or even the stainless?
or even on different sizes required by people with odd sized needs?

Thanks Boldjava
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:27:31 PM by BoldJava »

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »

Did you go to his site?

http://www.thortamper.com/gallary.html

Drop Les a note of what your needs are.

B|Java

Offline Dante

• Standard User
  • High on Caffeine
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »
One of Les' olive wood tampers has my name on it! And soon to join me here in rainy Manila!

Again, a warm GCBC welcome, Les!
No coffee, No workee!

gfoster

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
I have been using one of his rosewood tampers that I purchased through SM for 6 months or so.  Love it.  It's a piece of art.  I need to wax the bottom of it or something though, it's managed to pick up a few small scratches on the face even though I've been really careful with it.  Not sure what to do about it yet.

I'd actually rather have an olivewood one (my wedding ring is inlaid with olivewood) but I'm pretty happy with the rosewood.

-- Gary F.

BoldJava

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »
I'd actually rather have an olivewood one (my wedding ring is inlaid with olivewood) but I'm pretty happy with the rosewood.

-- Gary F.

Not to hijack my own thread (can one do that?) but could you post a photo/send me a photo of the wedding band inlaid with the olivewood?  I am looking for ideas for our 40th anniversary, 16 months away and might need to commission it early.

B|Java

gfoster

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
Sure, here's a better pic of one very similar to mine...

It's titanium inlaid with olivewood.  This isn't mine, but a store pic.  Mine is a little darker.  Bear in mind that the wood darkens a bit with the oils from your body as you wear it.  Mine has darkened to about a FC shade ;)

Here's the store link for the above pic... it's not the same store I bought it from because frankly, I don't remember the store I bought it from anymore but it's the same ring :)  You can also select different woods for the inlay.  I've gotten a ton of compliments on it, especially from friends who don't normally like to wear wedding rings at all.

-- Gary F.