Author Topic: Kent vac pot  (Read 1361 times)

Offline dsil

• Standard User
Kent vac pot
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
I have a reddish purple kent vac pot I picked up at the local army. It consists of the bottom pot, the top pot with glass funnel attached, and a cloth filter with wire springs to hold it in place. Do any of the vac pot faithful have an opinion on the Kent vac pot?

BoldJava

Re: Kent vac pot
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
Never heard of it until this evening, but I am red with envy.  Nice find.  Check out the filter.

B|Java

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: Kent vac pot
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »
Never heard of it until this evening, but I am red with envy.  Nice find.  Check out the filter.

B|Java

I picked one of those up on ebay, I like the idea of the porcelain filter.  If yours has a cloth filter it may be a mismatch but that doesn't mean it will not work. 

I have not got past the rubber taste I get from the old seal, I tried food grade grease (picked that idea up some were on this site.. BW I think?) but still little rubbery.. maby its just the smell but smell is a big part of taste.

It is smaller than the Cory gasket less that I stumbled over in an Antique Store basement, and for that reason I have not spun it back to ebay.

Did you get the tray and top globe holder or just the top and bottom globe??

You can find the porcelain filters on ebay occasionally and I have not tried the Cory filter yet but it looks like it may work.

Try it out... fill the bottom to the red line, put the filter in the top, heat the bottom till its just off of a boil, put the top on and watch the water rise... the key is to reduce the heat a little off of high (med to med high) let it bubble for a few minutes then take it off te heat and it should vac back down