Author Topic: Nuova Simonelli MDX  (Read 926 times)

rpn

Nuova Simonelli MDX
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:04:36 AM »
OK, even though I am *not* buying a new grinder right now.  I really am just browsing, but...

I'm seeing lots of traffic on eBay these days in the Nuova Simonelli MDX grinder.  I don't find much info on it in terms of reviews (CG).  Any thoughts on the quality of this product relative to the usual suspects from Rancilio, Mazzer, etc.?

Thanks.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Nuova Simonelli MDX
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:07:54 AM »
First off I never owned one.  I have heard that NS does make good grinders and espresso machines.  They do compare with the likes of the brands that you listed.

My 2 cents.
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

donn

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:29:55 AM »
We have the MCF - the smaller, square one.  It's about a foot tall, where the MDX is two feet.  For a commercial situation, the full size commercial grinders naturally make sense.  At home ... well, I have done a lot of things that didn't make sense, but in this case we really didn't have a place in the kitchen for something like a full sized MDX (or Fiorenzato or whatever.)

The MCF has smaller burrs, and some plastic, notably the doser lever.  We've been using it for years, though, and nothing has broken yet.

Roasting Realtor

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:47:40 PM »
I bought a NS MCD65 on Ebay about a year ago for $120 shipped.  It is about 2 feet tall and extremely heavy well built machine without a doser, just a bag clamp.  I use it for people that want their coffee ground when buying from me.  I am not sure what this model cost new, but I think I got a hell of a deal.  It looks like it has 53mm burr plates, but I have never measured them.  They looked brand new when I got it.

Anyone know anything about this model?