Author Topic: Bodum Gold Filter  (Read 1215 times)

BoldJava

Bodum Gold Filter
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
About 3 months ago, I was talking with Bodum Wholesale about how good their gold filter was.  I have one left over from a busted dripper.  I use it strictly with the Chemex.  I encouraged them to sell the filter on its own (they only married it to a drip pot of various sorts).

Voila, here it is, as a stand alone.  I find it superior to Swiss Gold in that it has a plastic thumb lip that permits you to handle the filter, even when it is hot with grounds.

Good product:  http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=6&GID=48&LID=626&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=A6KLG93QS2F69P1P62W3T4UE9XLX9DVE

B|Java

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Bodum Gold Filter
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
I have one of those filters that came with my Bodum pour over. It's pretty frikkin' sweet. $14.95 seems like a deal for that filter.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »
Yeah ... thanks to Nucer I got one of those with the glass filter holder.  Works very well.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

FinerGrind

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:27:02 AM »
Perfect timing for me.  I may pull up the last Chemex thread, but just how fragile are these?  I noticed several people in other posts whacked theirs while cleaning and they broke.  I guess they should be handled with kid-gloves...

BoldJava

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 05:22:22 AM »
Perfect timing for me.  I may pull up the last Chemex thread, but just how fragile are these?  I noticed several people in other posts whacked theirs while cleaning and they broke.  I guess they should be handled with kid-gloves...

Not more fragile than any other pot.  I am waiting to bust the north globe on my Yama.  It is not if, but when...

Tendency is to grab the Chemex by the throat when washing and swirl it with the wrist to get movement of water during cleaning.  Sink wall has a way of coming out to meet it.

B|BangedItButNotBustedYetChemex

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:32 AM »

The filter is not fragile ... it can take quite a bit ... the bodum filter holder (glass) ... now that's another matter ... you want to take care that you do not drop that baby.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski