Author Topic: www.StrayClay.com  (Read 3714 times)

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
www.StrayClay.com
« on: November 08, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »
What a day.. at least I got this much done... I need to try throwing pottery again before bed, I just got new glasses, first time with bi-focal  :tard: and its dizzying so far

Ok.. I have 8 of those little mugs available...  2.5 to 8 oz capacity... 

StrayClay.com

use coupon code (GCBC2008) for a little family discount (it will only work once per customer and please keep it in the family, thanks)

watch for pour overs and more mugs in a few weeks..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:46:25 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

jspain

Re: www.StrayClay.com
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:20:20 AM »
I've really enjoyed looking at your pictures as you develped your craft with the pour overs. Once you have a few pour overs completed and ready to sell, let me know and I'll buy a pour over and a couple of 8oz cappacino cups.... THANKS! Jim  ;D

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:06:02 AM »

cappachino cup 5.5 oz capacity to the rim, rutile/clear glaze .. Ye are the salt of the earth .. Matt 5:13 Mason jar for size and volume reference...

Would you consider shooting me a PM with the total price for this one shipped to 77479 and where to send paypal?

I'll have my wife paypal tonight but I am feeling too lazy to fill out all the shopping cart info....I blame ADD or could it be old people ADD that Aaron was talking about last week? :-[
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
Paypal sent....first cup goes to ME!  ;D ;D
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »
Paypal sent....first cup goes to ME!  ;D ;D

now were did I put the packing peanuts?!?!?!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:05:56 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
No leaks.  ;D

Lee Morrison

UB

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »
Really nice work. The drum is beautiful.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »
Really nice work. The drum is beautiful.

Thanks... those are harder to make but fun to play...

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:29:55 PM »
I don't know if this would qualify as group buy or vendor but I will put it here for now :)

I may be getting Chemex FP-2 filters at whole sale price for my pottery pour overs.  Is there interest in other Chemex filters as cheap as I can sell them and not loose my shirt on shipping???
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:39:40 PM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

BoldJava

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Unrequested plug coming:

^  Wild Bill potted a dozen mugs that were a smashing <sic> success with family/friends for Christmas.  I also commissioned the Dark Forest Dweller to make me an 18-oz Big Daddy Lipscomb travel mug for the Honda (rests on the parking brake).  Have to share a pic of it:

http://picasaweb.google.com/davidborton/BillsPottery?authkey=QsZerdw8aHw#5286461230772082130

Love it and now need to wait until Coffee Fest in Feb to pick it up.  Patience.  Thanks Bill and Denise.

B|Java

jspain

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »
I'm chiming in on the wonderful work of Bill and Denise! I purchased a few cups and bowls for staff members for Christmas and WOOOOO it was a success! The biggest surprise was the drum I bought for the misses! IT WAS FANTASTIC! Bill and Denise are going to work on a Communion set and some 12oz cups for me after their sabbatical. They do wonderful work! I'm supporting B/J comments and references! Thanks Bill and Denise! You made for a wonderful Christmas in the Spain household! Jim  ;D

joey

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 08:55:34 PM »
are you out of the pour over coffeemakers or did i miss them?  i'm in need of a chemex and i might rather buy one of your hand made ones over a regular chemex.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 06:19:20 PM »
right know I have?? maybe one... more too come soon... they are designed to make a cup or two of coffee... they use the small chemex filter... (cold weather.. blah  ;) blah... same thing I said in the chemex group buy thread)

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 11:30:42 AM »
Quote from: J.Jirehs Roaster on Today at 11:37:02 AM
Hold on now... we only do requests of Bible scripture not names or catchy sayings... so yes JohnF we can play with some 'cup of life' like John 4:14 or Revelation 7:17

Dude!  I want a monster mug with the first half of Exodus 15:25 on it:  "And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD showed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet..."
Honest request, not sure how big of a coffee mug you can do, but if I could get a pair of your largest ones (I normally use 15-21oz mugs) I would be really happy.  PM me and let me know how much to send you...