Author Topic: Texas Coffee Grinders  (Read 4939 times)

Gramps

Texas Coffee Grinders
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
I'm brand new here, but own the Texas Coffee Grinder Company. This looks like a pretty good forum so I'll probably stick around. If anyone is interested in my grinders, I'll offer a 10% discount...just enter "GCBC" in the coupon code for the discount...Tom

http://texascoffeegrinders.com/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:08:51 PM by John F »

milowebailey

Re: Texas Coffee Grinders
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
Welcome Gramps... and thanks for the discount.  I know nothing of your grinders, but I will take a look.

Milowebailey

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:07:06 PM »
Welcome gramps... nice looking grinders.... sure they are not good for grinding pet turtles?!?! (nice touch)  ;)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
Great looking craftsmanship...thanks for the GCBC offer.  8)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline bwilson

• Standard User
  • Hi - My name is Bruce and I'm a Coffeeholic
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:18:45 AM »
Those are beautiful grinders!  ;)
As a man sows, so he shall reap - Law of Karma

hatethis

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 06:10:03 AM »
Very nice looking grinders!  Do you happen to make or have plans to make any of the old cast iron ones with the wheels on the sides?  That is what the wife will let me spend money on at the moment.

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:20:23 AM »
And right down the road, too.  Ever run up to the Hardwood Barn for wood?  I love that place, just wish woodworking could move up the priority list a bit  :)
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

jspain

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »
Gramps,

My wonderful wife has been wanting to buy me a present and I need a new grinder for the church. I just ordered an oak that will be used at home and I'll take my Maestro to the church.

I'll leave comments for the club members about the grinder after I have gotten shipment and put to use. I'll post back here in a few weeks.

Jim

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:21:40 AM »

I'll leave comments for the club members about the grinder after I have gotten shipment and put to use.

I'm interested in performance notes on the grind capabilities of the mill itself.

I'm assuming these mills are purchased from a vendor and attached to the custom wood cases...very nice looking woodwork for sure but I'd like to hear some feedback on the geek factors.  ;)

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

yorel23

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »
I'm interested in performance notes on the grind capabilities of the mill itself.

I'm assuming these mills are purchased from a vendor and attached to the custom wood cases...very nice looking woodwork for sure but I'd like to hear some feedback on the geek factors.  ;)

His ad does say, "This is not an espresso press but it does grind walnuts!"  So I don't think we should be expecting espresso quality grind.  Nice looking and well built grinders though!

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »
So I don't think we should be expecting espresso quality grind.  Nice looking and well built grinders though!

That's fine... we need all sorts of grinds.  8)

I'm still curious about the finer details.

Lee Morrison

Gramps

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »
Not much "geek factor" in the mill. It's just a heavy duty cast iron mill. Won't make espresso but grinds a nice pot of coffee. I use mine twice a day, everyday and replace the mill about every 2 years as the burrs will eventually wear down. Replacement mill costs about $25

Gramps
Texas Coffee Grinders

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

His ad does say, "This is not an espresso press but it does grind walnuts!"  So I don't think we should be expecting espresso quality grind.  Nice looking and well built grinders though!

not walnuts?!?,  chicory !!  (but only in Louisiana  ;)

jspain

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 01:48:28 PM »
John,

I will give a geek review on grind quality. I did notice that it is not for espresso and I have a "Super Jolly" for that grind. I have a cabin with antiques and old stuff and if it grinds for my drip and Vac Pot I'm in business along with the "look factor." I will grind at all different grinds for consistency, ease of use, and burr replacement.

From east central OHIO ........   Jim   

Offline thugmusk

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
John,

I will give a geek review on grind quality. 

Curious on size.  Could you weigh the maximum amount of beans the hopper would hold please and state what that is in your review please?