Author Topic: Suggestions for Vacuum Sealer  (Read 751 times)

pravspresso

Suggestions for Vacuum Sealer
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
This probably has come up before but i can't find the posting.

I'm looking for a home unit for my greenbean stash.

Cheers

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Suggestions for Vacuum Sealer
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:05:15 PM »
Tilia has the market cornered.  Good price and good seal.

You can look here.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

GC7

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 02:06:48 PM »
The Foodsaver unit (Tilia) has been very reliable for me over a period of three years or so.  My only complaint about my unit is the lack of an on/off switch.  I have to plug it in and out to use.

Check the website link every so often as they frequently have sales of up to 40% or so.  I've seen units go for <$110.

UnConundrum

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »
I used to have a FoodSaver, and liked it until the gasket went and Tilia told me they were back ordered..... 6 MONTHS !!!  I couldn't believe it.  Seemed to me like they were pushing me into buying a new one... That ticked me off.  Since I used it a lot, I talked my DW into a commercial model.  We've never regretted it.  It's amazing how many things I use it for, from sealing cup portions of stock to left overs, to sous-vide, to spices, prepared meals....  It's a great tool.  I purchased a 50# bag of Caputo Flour for making pizza.... Just broke it down into 5# portions that I sealed in vacuum bags.  They are great tools.

FYI, I got mine at http://www.dougcare.com/packagingequipment/tablevacuum.htm#mvs31 .  They've increased in price by at least a third since I got mine.......  They are expensive.

Offline foreRB

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:10:12 AM »
The Foodsaver has been very reliable AND, you can buy replacement bags at Costco.