Author Topic: WAWAWAWA (crying like a baby from Pearland, TX)  (Read 6315 times)

Tex

Re: BWAHAHAHAHAA (maniacal laughter from Pearland, TX)
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »
Now that you've mentioned it, the crazy one will probably take up residence inside the cup warmer. When Mrs T lights a fire she's camped within inches of the flames. I tell you, it's hard to concentrate on watching a movie with the smell of singed cat hair wafting about!

Use this shot to help sell the idea to Mrs. T.  The cat should look familiar!

Was that just before she decided you were the enemy? Yeah, Zoe would like that! Knowing her, she'd be stealing coffee from the cups - especially the Kona.

Actually Mrs T is all for the Belle Epoque; she thinks the Bunn is too ugly for her kitchen (I have to keep reminding her of our agreement that she gets the rest of the house, but the kitchen is mine!!!).

Tex

Re: BWAHAHAHAHAA - a cautionary tale
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
Here's the status report: I got screwed and it's all my fault for being so greedy! Here's the email exchange between me and the seller;

Robert,

I have something very important to tell you. I received an offer on the espresso machine for $3200. You were the first person to contact me, so I must give you the opportunity to match this price. If you are still interested in matching this price, then I will send you the machine immediately. Otherwise I must take the new offer. It is so much better than the price I gave you. If you are no longer interested in the machine, or are not interested in the machine for this price, I will issue you a refund.

Please inform me of your decision.

Sincerely,
Chris

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Robert Harmon wrote:

Hi Chris,
Assuming my machine went out on time, do you have a UPS tracking number for it?

Is the La Marzocco Linea still available?

Robert

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 12:42 PM
To: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Your Order - BELLE EPOQUE/DEL 2GROUP

Hi Robert,

Thank you for staying in communication. Your order is scheduled for pickup (with other packages) on Tuesday and should be delivered on Friday.

Thank you for your business. And we look forward to your future business.

Sincerely,
Chris

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Robert Harmon wrote:

Good news - my bank decided I'm still solvent! My check cleared last
night, so once you get the Brasilia Belle Epoque on the UPS truck let me
know, OK.

Thanks,

Robert Harmon

Originally, I'd asked if someone here could look at the machine, basically to see if it was real and pack it and ship it to me (I wasn't going to do anything until its existence was confirmed). But I went ahead with the deal and took one in the shorts.

To date I've not received either the machine or my money back - and I really have no hopes of seeing either. If I'd followed my original instincts I'd have been OK, but I got greedy and tamped down my common sense and went ahead with the deal.

Let this be a lesson for everyone! Of the hundreds of Craig's List & eBay deals I've done, this is the first time I've been taken to the cleaners. I've always been so careful; checking the BBB, asking for references, getting invoices, etc (all of which I did this time). But when you want something badly enough it's easy to let your guard down.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:51:50 PM by Tex »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 02:57:45 PM »
Good of you to caution the rest of us, Tex.

Apart from backing out of the deal, what could you have done differently?  Some sort of escrow account?  A credit card?

Craigslist scares me, ever since some scammers tried taking me on things I've had for sale.  Ebay, should be safer, yes?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 03:30:27 PM »
Good of you to caution the rest of us, Tex.

Apart from backing out of the deal, what could you have done differently?  Some sort of escrow account?  A credit card?

Craigslist scares me, ever since some scammers tried taking me on things I've had for sale.  Ebay, should be safer, yes?

I'm just getting to the point where I can talk about this. It's not the money so much - although it's nothing to sneeze at - it's about knowing better and talking oneself into doing something stupid! ARRGH!

eBay is a lot safer - their buyer protection is 1st rate. I've had deals on Craig's List in the past (as a buyer & seller) where I've had auctions set up to handle a deal. I'll insist on it in the future for big ticket items (no point with <$100 I'm thinking). All I'd have to do is compute the eBay & PayPal fees and add them to the price - piece of cake.

BoldJava

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 03:41:30 PM »
Are you telling me this guy walked with your $3200?

B|Java

Stubbie

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »

B|Java

$1418 after shipping and handling

I'm not sure I'm really clear on the lesson being taught either.  Sounds like Tex made a deal for a machine, paid and was fed a line of bull about said machine being shipped.  Now, seller says has better offer and wants another 1,850 smackers.

Springfield is only 3 hours from me...I'm 6'4" and go about 280# - what percentage would be fair for a collection fee? :)

-Stubbie

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »

B|Java

I'm not sure I'm really clear on the lesson being taught either.  Sounds like Tex made a deal for a machine, paid and was fed a line of bull about said machine being shipped.  Now, seller says has better offer and wants another 1,850 smackers.

Springfield is only 3 hours from me...I'm 6'4" and go about 280# - what percentage would be fair for a collection fee? :)

-Stubbie

Duh, Boss? You want we should go explain dis to dat guy?  :violent1:

That really bites, Tex.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: BWAHAHAHAHAA - a cautionary tale
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »
Here's the status report: I got screwed and it's all my fault for being so greedy! Here's the email exchange between me and the seller;

Robert,

I have something very important to tell you. I received an offer on the espresso machine for $3200. You were the first person to contact me, so I must give you the opportunity to match this price. If you are still interested in matching this price, then I will send you the machine immediately. Otherwise I must take the new offer. It is so much better than the price I gave you. If you are no longer interested in the machine, or are not interested in the machine for this price, I will issue you a refund.

Please inform me of your decision.

Sincerely,
Chris

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Robert Harmon wrote:

Hi Chris,
Assuming my machine went out on time, do you have a UPS tracking number for it?

Is the La Marzocco Linea still available?

Robert

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 12:42 PM
To: Robert Harmon
Subject: Re: Your Order - BELLE EPOQUE/DEL 2GROUP

Hi Robert,

Thank you for staying in communication. Your order is scheduled for pickup (with other packages) on Tuesday and should be delivered on Friday.

Thank you for your business. And we look forward to your future business.

Sincerely,
Chris

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Robert Harmon wrote:

Good news - my bank decided I'm still solvent! My check cleared last
night, so once you get the Brasilia Belle Epoque on the UPS truck let me
know, OK.

Thanks,

Robert Harmon

Originally, I'd asked if someone here could look at the machine, basically to see if it was real and pack it and ship it to me (I wasn't going to do anything until its existence was confirmed). But I went ahead with the deal and took one in the shorts.

To date I've not received either the machine or my money back - and I really have no hopes of seeing either. If I'd followed my original instincts I'd have been OK, but I got greedy and tamped down my common sense and went ahead with the deal.

Let this be a lesson for everyone! Of the hundreds of Craig's List & eBay deals I've done, this is the first time I've been taken to the cleaners. I've always been so careful; checking the BBB, asking for references, getting invoices, etc (all of which I did this time). But when you want something badly enough it's easy to let your guard down.

I guess you just can't take Caveat Emptor too seriously enough.

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »

I'm 6'4" and go about 280# 
-Stubbie

You have a deceiving screen name

Brian (Stubbie) explained that to me a few years back; he got the nickname because he's the exact opposite of stubby.  Sorta like when I call B|Java Young Dave.  Or for that matter when he calls me Old Peter.

BoldJava

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »

Brian (Stubbie) explained that to me a few years back; he got the nickname because he's the exact opposite of stubby.  Sorta like when I call B|Java Young Dave.  Or for that matter when he calls me Old Peter.

I need to publicly extend you credit for the best shot your have ever gotten off at me, while self-positioning yourself in relative comparison.  Kudos on a great juxtaposition.  Now, as to my rejoinder...nah, just enjoying your line. <grins broadly>.

B|Java
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:24:02 PM by BoldJava »

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

I can now rest at ease, knowing Young Dave gave me a pat on the back.  Your kudos mean a lot.  :)

Tex

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

B|Java

-Stubbie

Oh, you'd better believe I've thought about it. One of my cousins is a rider with the Bandido's in San Antonio, and he says they'll buy my contract for 30%. It's almost worth it to know the crap they'd bring down on the guy if he gave them cause. >:D But I can't sanction their way of doing business, as tempting as it might be!

The only lesson learned is to do business face to face if you're risking more than you can afford to lose.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
Let us not forget... stir clear of KJA Wholesale [kjawholesale@gmail.com] (unless your flying one of those RC drone planes the air force has)...  and if you run cross a listing for KJA Wholesale [kjawholesale@gmail.com] then tell them what you think of how they take care of your friends..

Tex

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 08:19:11 PM »
Let us not forget... stir clear of KJA Wholesale [kjawholesale@gmail.com] (unless your flying one of those RC drone planes the air force has)...  and if you run cross a listing for KJA Wholesale [kjawholesale@gmail.com] then tell them what you think of how they take care of your friends..

I'd appreciate that a lot! THX ;D

Offline doubleosoul

• Standard User
  • Blues ain't nothing but a good woman gone bad
Re: WAWAWAWA (crying like a baby from Pearland, TX)
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »
Tex,
 I'm mortified that this happened to you. I was terrified that I would have that happen to me with my Belle transaction. In honesty, I couldn't afford to lose out money in my deal. I went without a lot of meals including the Thanksgiving and Christmas (all true) the months before as well as basic essentials. I made myself sick with worry about the deal. When it showed up a few weeks later, I almost fainted in relief (and I'm tough cookie).

On another note, Ebay is not safe at all. In fact, I've been ripped off on small items (as a buyer) many times. My friend was ripped off on $300 plus worth of items he has sold. In fact, the latest scam with some buyers is they dispute charges with their credit card company 6 months after they bought items on Ebay. The credit card company automatically side with the buyer (Paypal told my friend that point blank). My friend is going through that hell. On top of it, Paypal is treating my friend, the seller, as guilty. Luckily he documented all activity with the buyer. Paypal stated that they could see the buyer was running a scam but nevertheless, my friend's  future sales payments would be held for 21 days... FOREVER!
I find there is more criminal activity on Ebay and Paypal than there is on Craigslist.

Still, I'm so sorry this happened. I feel your pain. :(

Cheri
"Why don't you come on board Brother, and believe in me? And for a small fee, I'll set you free, near thy God to thee." Daddy Rich/Car Wash/Richard Pryor