Author Topic: The "T" Word...  (Read 4490 times)

bunnysandefur

Re: The "T" Word...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 12:52:07 AM »
I probably don't understand the problem, but I do understand this...

Given the options I would recommend an alarm clock set 3mins earlier + (step 1) a $3 pour over + (step 2) a travel mug + (step 3) 20gms of home roast and a burr grinder + (step 4) a kettle of hot water = solution.

You know.... I completely agree with you. But were you willing to get up 3 minutes early when you were a 24 year old young man? I hope you say no. I keep this delusion in my mind that he's just young, not actually lazy in not wanting to wake up early to make himself coffee. Still, he's not very functional even if he were to wake up a little earlier, and I have this fear of him burning the house down or scalding the skin off of his hand. Maybe I should just let go and let him grow up and rely on insurance to take care of the details.

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 02:48:40 AM »
If good coffee's not worth a few minutes earlier time to brew it, it's certainly not worth the time to roast it.

I don't get it.

Why spend time roasting it to make the basic product great, only to blow it all on staling it as old brew?

Keep the coffee good. Best. Ideal.

Morning. It's about the coffee.

;D

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 03:10:56 AM »
start him off with a thermos of hot coffee brewed the night before.... the glorious coffee you make him on the weekends will eventually have him wanting the best coffee every morning...  when he wants it bad enough?!?!?  he will , learn how to make it your way, get up earlier and make it... 

my thermos is full and I got to get on the road TTFN

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 05:52:01 AM »
You know.... I completely agree with you. But were you willing to get up 3 minutes early when you were a 24 year old young man?

You could not have picked a wrong-er person to ask that question.  ;D ;D

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 12:02:15 PM »
You know.... I completely agree with you. But were you willing to get up 3 minutes early when you were a 24 year old young man?

You could not have picked a wrong-er person to ask that question.  ;D ;D

Haha, yeah that's true John.

At 24 I had already been serving my country for five years and was part of a unit called 2 Commando. I was diving out of planes with lots of heavy gear hanging off me.  Three things would pass through my mind as I was struggling under the weight of my gear and moving towards the jump exit door:

a) I wonder if my parachute will open hard or soft;
b) My knife is sharp enough, I know I put enough oil on my weapon mechanisms and the compass bearing to the rendezvous point is 3200mils; 
C) I wonder if the planes loadmaster will be holding my freshly brewed morning coffee and hand it off to me just before I exit the plane.

Once I figured out the loadie didn't have a coffee for me I started making plans to get my own coffee organized. ;-)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »
Once I figured out the loadie didn't have a coffee for me I started making plans to get my own coffee organized. ;-)

Blahahahahaha!

Tough love Taylor.  ;D
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 07:09:48 PM »

Blahahahahaha!

Tough love Taylor.  ;D

Haha, all in good spirit of course. One of my athletes still calls me Drillbit Taylor. Look for 45secs into this one:

Drillbit Taylor Trailer *Hilarious!!*

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »

Lee Morrison

bunnysandefur

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »
After all of this, I've just decided to forget about the instant machines for now and send Mr. Bunny up to Shaun so he can whip him into shape  ;D

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
After all of this, I've just decided to forget about the instant machines for now and send Mr. Bunny up to Shaun so he can whip him into shape  ;D

I'll save a spot for him under my wing, just tell him to get used to knuckle pushups. ;-)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2009, 08:47:42 PM »

I'll save a spot for him under my wing, just tell him to get used to knuckle pushups. ;-)

Yeah ... and don't show him the cappuccino's he pours ... he might leave for camp right away.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

bunnysandefur

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »

Yeah ... and don't show him the cappuccino's he pours ... he might leave for camp right away.

Now that you mention it... visiting the Taylors is more like a privilege than a punishment. Blast!

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 09:59:04 PM »

Now that you mention it... visiting the Taylors is more like a privilege than a punishment. Blast!

Don't worry, for every four ouncer he consumes I'll make him switch to one arm knuckle pushups while the shot is being poured. ;-)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »
Now that you mention it... visiting the Taylors is more like a privilege than a punishment.

It's more like spotting a unicorn or a yeti... Taylors zip across the globe pretty fast so if you spot them, don't blink;)

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 02:34:03 PM »
Now that you mention it... visiting the Taylors is more like a privilege than a punishment.

It's more like spotting a unicorn or a yeti... Taylors zip across the globe pretty fast so if you spot them, don't blink;)

Well don't blink when I hit Colorado. ;-)