Author Topic: Has Garanti 2kg Electric Model Issue. . . . . . .  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
Re: Has Garanti 2kg Electric Model Issue. . . . . . .
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
I just have class each evening. Outside of that I study. I am not in a huge hurry, just give me a heads up when you figure you will be around the area. Would pictures help in the meantime?

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 08:42:47 PM »
I just have class each evening. Outside of that I study. I am not in a huge hurry, just give me a heads up when you figure you will be around the area. Would pictures help in the meantime?

sure... what we are looking for is were the cord that plugs into the wall gets connected to stuff in the roaster... probably to a terminal that then has wires to the heat and motor etc...

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 05:25:17 AM »
Find a nice electrican and he could "rig" something with the stove plug.  Will not be code.  Use only one leg of the 220 from the range.  So when you want to roast, pull out the range put in your roaster plug. Ask for some #6 SO cord to run outside.   If you could run 220 this roaster on 220 it would be to code and safe, at 110 not code but it will work.  Would be very supprised if this could not be converted to 220.   Almost all motors can be changed by changing the order of wire conections.  Look on the name plate if the motor says beside voltage  110/220.   Then its very easy for you to change to 220.  Takes 5 min and no tools.  For the heating element I do not know how to do that, you would have to buy new heating coils rated for 220 I would think. People who built it will tell you how to convert.  A commercial electrican could do all this work for couple hundred bucks you would have to buy parts.  Parts would be in the hundreds also.  Do not ask a residential electrician they are cheeper but do not understand this kind of work.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Pyment

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
I just read this thread and, without any follow up, words arrive in pairs

1) Lynch Mob - remember those friendly neighbors? They change the first time the building gets evacuated.

2) Darwin award - presuming you manage to get your neighbors to tolerate your roasts you may eventually establish credentials for this unique honor.

3) eviction notice - if your neighbors don't turn on you and you manage to evade the award, I don't see you evading this.