Author Topic: Tenma Data Logging Thermometer - Coupon Code!  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
Tenma Data Logging Thermometer - Coupon Code!
« on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »
I noticed a post for this Tenma Data Logging Thermometers with USB hook-ups over on Homeroasters.org. Right now MCMelectronics.com has a coupon code: C18A8 . This code gets you just over 40% off of the normal price of these data logging thermometers.

They have 2 different options. Both options have USB hook-ups and can monitor the temp coming from 2 different type-K temperature probes in two different temp zones. The main difference between the 2 options is that although both will track two temperatures on the data logger screen, only 1 will allow you to track the temp from both probes on your computer, the more expensive option. The cheaper of the two options will only allow for the temp tracking from 1 probe on the computer. The company rep I corresponded with also said the data loggers come with a data logging software program for Windows, a USB cable and one type 'K' probe (although I have read online reviews stating that two are in the actual package?!? You are on your own with that one!)

With the coupon code, the one that allows you to track one probe temp on the computer is $49.95 plus shipping and the other that allows for the computer tracking of two temperatures is $59.95. This is a considerable discount with the normal prices being $87 and $102 respectively. I did some research around the internet and they seem to get pretty good reviews. In my opinion you can not really beat them for the price. I ordered the $59.95 one myself. Oh, and shipping to me was $11.99, so when it was all said and done it cost $71.94.

For the record, I have no ties to this product or this company. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up, as I thought it was a pretty darn good deal. Although I have read great reports on it, I have yet to use it personally. So, purchase at your own risk. If you do buy it and hate it, please do not come looking for me :) .

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:35:14 PM by Warrior372 »

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Tenma Data Logging Thermometer - Coupon Code!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:12:09 AM »
I picked one of those up a while back. Pretty nice for the money.

Tex

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »
Very handy; with 2 inputs I can measure espresso machine brew temp and boiler temp simultaneously.

edited: I buy extra thermocouples at Omega Engineering.

And a special thanks for the coupon code!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:03:35 AM by Tex »

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
Hey, thanks for the tip. I just ordered one.

yorel23

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »
I have a similar instrument.  Mine has the two separate probes, but no data logging.  Very handy for coffee roaster/brewer enthusiasts. 

This is an excellent price for the data logging one.  Wish this deal was around when I got mine.  Just have to tell myself, "The one I have is good enough, the one I have is good enough, the one I have is.........."

crholliday

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
+1

slowhand

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
   Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one. And down the rabbit hole I go.

Thanks,
            Glenn K.

JmanEspresso

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
I bought one recently.. The "Cheaper" of the two.. Had I known there was a better one, I would have bought it.. But hey, whatdya gonna do.

I dont have a probe installed in the HT yet the way I want, but the setup I have ATM, works pretty well.  ITs just a PITA to set it properly so its in the bean mass.  But, the Therm works how Id expect, responds quickly..

And when my new TCs arrive in the mail, Ill be able to moniter ET and BT, on one therm.  Not bad for $60 shipped.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »
Yes, I am excited for mine to arrive. I am sure it will quite fun to play around with!

slowhand

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »
  Someone over on CG said that according to the manual, neither model will track both temps. on computer. I'm too lazy to check, guess I'll find out when mine arrives.

Glenn K.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »
Oh. Well as I read the MCM page, it sounded to me as if that was the only difference between the two models.

crholliday

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
It looked like the more expensive model could be user calibrated. When dealing with multiple machines commercially, that aspect is important.

slowhand

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
   According to the post on GC, the difference is the higher priced one has high and low alarms and debug features, but I have not verified this.

Glenn K.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Hmmm. . . . . After re-reading the description it looks like the last few comments by you two are correct. I still think it is a good deal :) .

slowhand

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:33 PM »

+1.
  I'm sure I'll be happy with mine. And it's about $100 less than I was going to spend on an Omega.