Author Topic: Anything Hario  (Read 2232 times)

hatethis

Anything Hario
« on: March 18, 2010, 05:38:41 AM »
Having been a user of Hario products since coming to Japan and would endorse them in every way if they ever wanted. I would like to extend a little assistance if anyone needs in the manner of obtaining Hario products.  Being I live in Japan, I have access to about anything Hario makes and can ship to you. 

Bear in mind the cost of living in Tokyo is much higher than the U.S. (yes higher than Hawaii) then including shipping.  

I just have seen many threads and discussions on Hario products and felt I should chime in with that offer.  I am not a distributor nor would I make any profit off this.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Anything Hario
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »
Perhaps you'd take a look at the items headchange4u just distro'd, and see how his prices compare to your local prices.  That will give us an idea how to proceed, and what to ask for.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:37:49 AM »
Yeah, there is finally a US distributor for Hario products.....except the vac pots. They said that the Japanese were afraid of litigation so they would not allow them to be imported. I hope that changes.

hatethis

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 01:57:49 AM »
I perused the stateside Hario site and it seems to have alot of the same thing.  Below is the Japanese website with everything they offer.  Some things are just cool toys (like the single cup syphon) or the ice coffee makers.  As far as prices, they are for the most part about the same number, but once you figure in exchange rate (the dollar sucks atm) and shipping.....

http://www.hario.com/seihin/

I use the single cup syphon (old version from the 70's) at work and an older clear with gold design 5 cup syphon.  They both work great and look great, a testament to fine craftsmanship.

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:28:18 AM »
I was using hatethis link, saw this Hario roster for Milo ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:36:28 AM by Ringo »
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

northwestmark

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »
Any chance of bringing in the larger version of the Hario Siphon? I'd buy that.

Mark

hatethis

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
the MCA, NCA, TCA 3? or the TCA 5?  and that should be no problem.  There are a couple stores near I could check to see if in stock, if not I can always order it from the site.

cfsheridan

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
Highly recommend the NCA-3 (wishing that the NCA-5 was still produced).  The flared top is superior to the straight top of the Technica or the Yama 3-cup.

I've been in contact with Corporate--trying to dig further into why they are not exporting to the US.  First answer was cryptic.

hatethis

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
How long ago was the NCA-5 discontinued?  I may be able to check some stores to see if they still have any.

cfsheridan

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 02:28:26 AM »
How long ago was the NCA-5 discontinued?  I may be able to check some stores to see if they still have any.

I think about 18 months to 2 years.

hatethis

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 05:47:00 AM »
OK, odds aren't so good at finding one then.  I will keep a look out this weekend and post if I find one.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »
OK, odds aren't so good at finding one then.  I will keep a look out this weekend and post if I find one.

If you find the last one on earth, this would make a great submission into the upcoming Coffee Kids auction.  B|Java wants to hear about it.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

hatethis

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 08:55:26 AM »
I was actually going to check if there was any of the old Hario miniphon's left at this one resell shop.  They used to have some brand new ones still in box from the 70's.  I am sure someone would like that for the coffee kids auction.  I use one almost daily at work, perfect size for as much as I move.

hatethis

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
Haha, found you an almost new NCA-5 on Yahoo auctions (Japan).  Expires in less than a day, wish me luck!