Author Topic: Circulon butane burner for vac pot.  (Read 1200 times)

Tex

Circulon butane burner for vac pot.
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »
Just gave one of these to my daughter.

She'd been using a 3-cup Yami tabletop, but she wanted the capacity of the Silex DelRay. I figured with this burner she'd have the best of both brewers. The concave surface nestles the bottom of the DelRay perfectly.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:25:09 PM by Tex »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Circulon butane burner for vac pot.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Good price!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »
Good price!

:)

Plus it looks good enough to use at the table when you have guests. I'll probably get one for myself, as the Yama 5-cup tabletop is a bit small to serve a half-dozen coffee drinkers. And my Silex's electric hot plate is a fire waiting to happen!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »
Hmmm ... you usually have one for yourself first and then buy it for a family or friend.

Is this the beginning of a new trend?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Hmmm ... you usually have one for yourself first and then buy it for a family or friend.

Is this the beginning of a new trend?

???

No new trend Mike. It's just been so long since I've had more than a couple of people join us for dinner, that the Yama has been adequate. Since so many of my old friends are pushing up daisies I suppose I need to look for replacements, other wise I could run out of folks to pester?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
Didn't I mention I'm moving into your area?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »

Yeah, but I can pester you here without having to invite you to dinner. IOW Peter, you're too easy! ::)

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »

Yeah, but I can pester you here without having to invite you to dinner. IOW Peter, you're too easy! ::)

Pester is the wrong word for what you do.  Screw is closer, but still too polite.   ;D

Tex

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »

Pester is the wrong word for what you do.  Screw is closer, but still too polite.   ;D

Peter's Polite Pronging!

Tell you what Peter, just to prove to the world what a nice guy I am, you can drop by anytime for a cup of coffee and whatever sweet treat I have on hand.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »

Pester is the wrong word for what you do.  Screw is closer, but still too polite.   ;D

Peter's Polite Pronging!

Tell you what Peter, just to prove to the world what a nice guy I am, you can drop by anytime for a cup of coffee and whatever sweet treat I have on hand.

That would take all the fun out of it; like Milo, I'd find out what a nice guy you really are, and then where would that leave us.   8)

Tex

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »

Peter's Polite Pronging!

That would take all the fun out of it; like Milo, I'd find out what a nice guy you really are, and then where would that leave us.   8)

No problem mate, my grandpa always said I could piss off the Pope. Besides, I didn't say I was going to serve you my good coffee, now did I? >:D