Author Topic: 12-oz Espro Toroid Milk Pitcher, Travel and Lottery  (Read 7187 times)

Stubbie

Re: 12-oz Espro Toroid Milk Pitcher, Travel and Lottery
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
I'll just throw a quip out there I heard and tend to believe...

Milk can wait on espresso....espresso can not wait on milk.  Steam that udder juice first, then pull your god shot. :)

-Stubbie

BoldJava

Re: 12-oz Espro Toroid Milk Pitcher, Entrants Closed
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
Closed out.

Who won?  ecc was number (2) and http://random.org brought back his number.  He is on a winning streak.

I have taken ecc out of order and placed him last.  The order for the use/travel/review of the Espro Toroid pitcher is:

List
1 jspain
2 JohnF
3 ReddyK
4 simmich
5 Expy98
6 RandyTsuch
7 Tyme

8 ecc

Please send along $4.75 which includes PayPal.  When you receive the pitcher, keep it a week, post a review, then find out next person's address.  Thanks, B|Java
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:36:45 PM by BoldJava »

jspain

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »
PayPal coming your way Dave! Ms. Silvia is anxious to give this a whirl!!!  Jim

Offline simmich

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »
Paypal sent to the bold/mystic.  :)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »
Paypal sent....  ;)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

ecc

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 06:46:43 PM »
 :o Wow thats awesome! I only get the milk out when the occasional guest drops by,  and I'm not sure you guys would even call it milk, the skim grocery store white stuff that I usually buy. 

But with a fancy pitcher like that, I'm going to have to mend my ways. (at least a little)

Thanks for setting this up, B|dairy!

(substitute cleaned up image of the victory dance)
 :wav:

BoldJava

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 05:23:53 AM »
Gentleman, the Toroid is wending its way to Jim Spain's estate.  One fine gent <name omitted to preserve his dignity> said it is bound to help improve his latte art -- he is using a pyrex pitcher right now <grins>.

B|Java
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:26:59 AM by BoldJava »

jspain

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »
Just got back from lunch and Mr Postman had left the 12oz Espro Toroid at the church office! I won't have a chance to try her out until tomorrow morning. I'll use her through the weekend, post my experience, and mail on to JohnF.

First observation is that "if" I like the pitcher, I'll get the 24oz version. I'm use to double lattes!!

Thanks for shipping Dave!  Jim

GC7

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
Jim

The larger Torroid pitccher is 20 Oz.  I got one for Christmas to go with my 12 Oz and if anything it works even better to produce nice thick creamy microfoam that pours beautifully. Have fun testing the 12 oz.  You may need to stick with oversized Cappas rather than Lattes for the next few days.

jspain

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »
Jim

The larger Torroid pitccher is 20 Oz.  I got one for Christmas to go with my 12 Oz and if anything it works even better to produce nice thick creamy microfoam that pours beautifully. Have fun testing the 12 oz.  You may need to stick with oversized Cappas rather than Lattes for the next few days.

;D  Gotha!

jspain

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 05:06:33 AM »
OK, here we go with my first review of the 12oz Espro Toroid Milk Picther!

Sweet looking little thing! The design shows why B/steamer says, "Just stick the wand straight in and let the machine do the work." I did just that! No tipping the pitcher. Ms. Silvia was temp surfed for full throttle. I put the wand in and the milk spirted straight out at me. I'm use to a much larger pitcher and the strength of the pressure blew part of the milk out. I pulled the pitcher and started again with the remaining milk. I know now that I put too much milk in to begin with! DAH!!!!

On my second try, she worked perfect! That little pitcher is sweet! VERY UNIFORM was my first impression. Normally I will have a thinner foam on top of my other larger pitcher. This one was uniform and smooth. The micro foam was dense and consistent.

I usually do double lattes. I use a large mug that "Wild Bill" and Denise threw for me a couple years ago. I placed my two shots in the mug and the finished steamed milk and it didn't quite fill the mug as normal. I WILL BUY ONE OF THESE but I will get the 20oz model. I can see why artists would love this picher for latte art! From the consumers standpoint, "NICE!"

I'll post again on Monday before I send this on to JohnF.    Jim  ;D

BoldJava

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 06:28:23 AM »
... I know now that I put too much milk in to begin with! DAH!!!!

On my second try, she worked perfect! That little pitcher is sweet! ...

I put 4 or so ounces of 2% milk in the pitcher and into the freezer it goes while I work on the coffee.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
I opened up the box an hour ago and decided to take it for a spin not knowing anything about it.

I didn't read any of the tutorial info.....

I realized right away I didn't know what I was doing Hahahaha! But as things went on I figured out how to work it in time to finish my milk. I think I'm going to experiment a little more with it before reading how it's supposed to be used and share my findings.

I have the weekend off so I should complete my tour of both the pitcher and the dosing funnel with write ups on both and shipping em' out to the next testers right after.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
I opened up the box an hour ago and decided to take it for a spin not knowing anything about it.

I didn't read any of the tutorial info...

Well, talk about surprises <double wink>

B|Java

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
what, no user manual for this gadget neither???