Author Topic: Looking for Behmore  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Looking for Behmore
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »
My Behmore finally bit the big one, looking to get a new one.   Any Ideas where I can get one at a decent price.  Used is ok, new is ok.   Rather not use SM's,  Ill leave it at that.   Any other suggestions?  Would prefer someone of GCBC affiliation so as to keep the business with those who support us but any is cool.

Thank you

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Tex

Re: Looking for Behmore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:53:06 PM »
My Behmore finally bit the big one, looking to get a new one.   Any Ideas where I can get one at a decent price.  Used is ok, new is ok.   Rather not use SM's,  Ill leave it at that.   Any other suggestions?  Would prefer someone of GCBC affiliation so as to keep the business with those who support us but any is cool.

Thank you

Aaron

I'd ask Hottop USA if they have a demo they can sell you. That's how I got mine, and I know two other users who did the same.

Never mind.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:14:13 PM by Tex »

Charly

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »
 Mine stopped turning the drum (lucky it was just an empty cleaning cycle) yesterday--error6 message, motor problem. Mine was one of the first sold, but not that many hours on it, so I'm going for the new drum motor, only $26. If you didn't keep pushing it until the error1 shows-chipboard burnt-it's a cheap fix. Otherwise, alchemist John was selling refurbished ones at a good price (chocolate.alchemy.com), not sure if he's still doing that...

Gime2much

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
I've about decided to sell mine which has seen very light use.Prefer a roaster with more user controls so I've been using the ufo/co and the Poppery. It's in very good used condition, cleaned every 5 roasts with both baskets and a spare afterburner. Let me check the attic to make sure I still have the original box.

Tex

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:53 PM »
I've about decided to sell mine which has seen very light use.Prefer a roaster with more user controls so I've been using the ufo/co and the Poppery. It's in very good used condition, cleaned every 5 roasts with both baskets and a spare afterburner. Let me check the attic to make sure I still have the original box.

Is there an echo in here? ;D

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »
My Behmore finally bit the big one, looking to get a new one.   Any Ideas where I can get one at a decent price.  Used is ok, new is ok.   Rather not use SM's,  Ill leave it at that.   Any other suggestions?  Would prefer someone of GCBC affiliation so as to keep the business with those who support us but any is cool.

Thank you

Aaron

I'd ask Hottop USA if they have a demo they can sell you. That's how I got mine, and I know two other users who did the same.

Hottop sells Behmors?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »

Thank you

Aaron

Hottop sells Behmors?

Ahh crap - it would be you that caught that! ::) But it's comforting to know that with so many editors I don't have to be perfect on the first draft.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone.  gime2much if you dont have the original box no biggie, let me know a price if you are still interested in selling and ill let you know if i am interested.

As for Alchemist John and his chocolate.  Been there before and had made a few batches of chocolate, yes it is a bit more work but OH MY GOD!!  it's VERY dangerous if you are trying to watch your waistline.  The chocolate you make yourself is incredible.  Now that you brought that up, I need to pull my old mill and juicer out and order some and make some more its been a while and I miss it.  Yah I can see myself doing chocolate next weekend....

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
Ive got one on the way here.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Aaron

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
yakster I have made chocolate before using ingredients and the equipment from alchemest's page.  It turned out really well.  If you like chocolate then you will love making your own however be warned now, the 'hobby' can get very expensive.  When you figure in a grinder, the mill, and some of the other goodies you can easily dump a grand into it.  It is worth it though I think.  Once you taste fresh chocolate you will never want to go back to that storebought garbage again, kind of like what happened to us when we experienced real coffee .vs. what we used to think was 'good'.

Aaron