Author Topic: To Go Cups  (Read 2069 times)

BoldJava

To Go Cups
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
I surrendered.  I have baptized enough white shirts and ties to cloth the 5,000. 

Milowe gifted us with a ceramic to-go cup, soft silicone top.  I broke the (#&^ thing and have been spilling in the car ever since.  When I was hunting down the elusive Stoha grinder at Marshall's, came across this pair.  $8 for both.

Pro:
  • BPA free
  • Double lined.  Air space between two levels of plastic.
  • Silicone sleeve keeps hand burn-free.
  • Top secures well.
  • Cheap
  • Fits in the provided wells in the car console
  • 16-oz
Con:
  • Plastic
  • No aroma; 1/2 the experience gets lost (I take the top off once I am out of 'baptizing level.')
  • Have a feeling that the white top is going to show coffee and lipstick stain <softball lobbed...>
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:30:37 AM by BoldJava »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: To Go Cups
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
You don't know how glad I am to be sitting down when I read this...  PLASTIC!!!????
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »
I'm giving thought to just giving up and getting a coffee bib for my ride to work.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
You don't know how glad I am to be sitting down when I read this...  PLASTIC!!!?

You don't get it.  The Czarina has a great stainless steel one I like -- if I am to steal it, and I will, then she needs something to drink from, no?

milowebailey

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »
You don't know how glad I am to be sitting down when I read this...  PLASTIC!!!????
B|Plastic

Belly laughing here in Seattle......

world market you can get a replacement ceramic....or a 1000 other places or I'll send you a plastic one I got free at coffee fest yesterday.  I'll even pay the postage. 

blzrfn

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
I picked up a ceramic 15 oz mug at World Market the other night.  This will replace my stainless mug which I enjoy, but the no spill lid is hard to keep clean.  Tomorrow is the first test run, hopefully it will be a permanent change as I dig ceramic over ss.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »
I'll send you a plastic one I got free at coffee fest yesterday.  I'll even pay the postage.

How funny would it be if we started sending plastic gear to BIoneword..plastics?  8)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 07:30:32 PM »
You don't know how glad I am to be sitting down when I read this...  PLASTIC!!!?

You don't get it.  The Czarina has a great stainless steel one I like -- if I am to steal it, and I will, then she needs something to drink from, no?

People as old as you and me shouldn't be driving with the distraction of a hot coffee.  That's why I get up early enough to get caffeinated before heading out the door.

milowebailey

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »

If memory serves B|Plastic said to me once...
Stainless steel cups? Sipping coffee out of anything but ceramics doesn't work for me. .....

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=7949.msg121478#msg121478

Is B|Plastic changing??

Might I suggest one of these?  <laughing harder now, almost hooting>

ph33nyx

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 06:46:38 AM »
Has anyone ever tried a brugo?

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »

Kind of a neat idea.  But in the real world, will users want to fiddle with that top dial twice for each sip?

Offline Richdel

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:29 AM »

I sense a Travelling Road Show beginning to take form.

moglman

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »

I bought a few Brugos a year or two ago.  I dislike them strongly and never use them anymore.  The "tip & cool" mode provides a very tiny amount of coffee, the heat retention is lousy.

ph33nyx

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
I guess I might be in the same boat as BoldJava (only slightly different). I usually drive my motorcycle in to work, so I'm  looking for something that has good insulation, spill and leak proof, and easy one handed use. If you think hot coffee on your shirt, or pants is distracting; try it when you hit a bump and it spills on your hand and down the handlebars (and that's using the ram-mount).

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »
I have a wonderful Thermas brand travel mug that closes tight, opens a little for sipping and all the way off for cleaning/filling.. it holds the temp very well..  my work days start around 5 or 6 out the door and the coffee is warm enough (under the circumstances) at break around 9am..

I decided long ago that to truly enjoy a cup of coffee I need to be sitting in a comfy chair with a good book or my laptop not driving to work or sitting on a bucket on a construction sight..   point is, sadly, compromises must be made..