Author Topic: Keurig for Christmas  (Read 900 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Keurig for Christmas
« on: December 10, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
Just got my Mom a Keurig for Christmas.

I gave it some thought and in the end this really is the best coffee option for her.

They have been around long enough now that it looks like the concept is solid. There are tons of k cup options out there. They are dead simple to operate.

All in all she isn't ever going to roast or grind fresh beans anyway nor does she care too much about the differences between my coffee and preground store coffee. I think this might be the best option for somebody in her position.

I got her the mid level machine and 50+ assorted k cups...that should keep her busy for a while.

Anybody else get their Mom a Keurig?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:56:34 PM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
Re: Keurig for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
Too complicated for my mom. She already knows how to order coffee at the greasy spoon (the only restaurant in her little town) and how to put two scoops of MGB in the Mr. Coffee. Needless to say, I take beans and a french press when visiting.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:56:50 PM by John F »
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »
I use a Keuring every morning.  In fact since I got it, my Vivaldi has not been turned on.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »
I use a Keuring every morning.  In fact since I got it, my Vivaldi has not been turned on.

So you got it today then?
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

So you got it today then?

John "Knows All, Sees All" Foster...  can't fool him.   8)

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
...and I always lie! In fact this sentence is a lie.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

EricBNC

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
I got my mom a Turbo Oven, a stir Crazy, a variac, an electrical box with a couple switches, a coat hangar and some electrical wire.  Figure it will be good therapy for her to build a roaster.  Now to talk my dad into getting her a pharos grinder and a lever machine.... she'll be one happy camper.

Big big mistake there - the coat hangars won't get the job done at all - send her a decent box of insulation holders, after all, it is Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:38:49 PM by EricBNC »

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »
I got my mom a Turbo Oven, a stir Crazy, a variac, an electrical box with a couple switches, a coat hangar and some electrical wire.  Figure it will be good therapy for her to build a roaster.  Now to talk my dad into getting her a pharos grinder and a lever machine.... she'll be one happy camper.

Big big mistake there - the coat hangars won't get the job done at all - send her a decent box of insulation holders, after all, it is Christmas.

I know someone who would beg to differ with you...

That's a coat hanger baby.

:)

ecdhunt

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:35:05 AM »
Hey, those keurig's can make the DR coffee's we had taste better! 

Seriously though, the Barahona was decent out of a Keurig using the Solofill.  The Valdesia - not so much.

thejavaman

Keurig for Christmas
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
You can always buy her a "my k-cup" and give her some of your roasted, ground beans to fill it up with too. My office has a k-cup maker & people seem to like it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk