Author Topic: Ideas of things I could include with the Bosco? Brainstorming session.  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
Re: Ideas of things I could include with the Bosco? Brainstorming session.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
with less expencive toys i like when there is enough in the box that i can take it out and play with it right away (coffee beans, tamper, foaming pitcher and thermometer) but hen i am frustrated if the extras are substandard quality and i have to go get better ones..  I think some decent espresso coffee to play with is a great idea.. the other stuff may be stuff they have or know what style they want already.. maybe offer options for accessories when you have the capital to stock up.. but just send good beans and video links or a DVD for getting them off in the right direction..

I like that idea.

I think the Tampers and such might have to be extra. The basic costs involved in good tampers is really high (I am still waiting on Hankua's guy to respond). Reg Barber's wholesale pricing is outrageous. There stuff is nice, but if I paid to either get my logo or Bosco's logo put on the top of the tamper handle they would cost me nearly $75 dollars a piece. No to mention the minimum wholesale order is 15 pieces = roughly $1,100 dollars. . . . . . Unless I charged an outrageous mark-up on the Bosco (which I have no intention of doing) I just could not justify an expense like a Reg Barber.

What I could do on stuff like that is bundle it into an optional accessory package. That way the customer is saving quite a bit if they add up the individual cost of all of the accessories, but they have the option to buy it or pass on it. Thanks for the idea Wild Bill!

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
Okay. So, I have emailed Espro in regard to the Toroid Pitcher and their tampers, Reg Barber, Urnex for descaler, and Synesso about triple PF baskets. A shot glass with my logo on it could be cool too! I could get the logo printed at a local screen printing shop. Who else am I missing?!?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »
Okay. So, I have emailed Espro in regard to the Toroid Pitcher and their tampers, Reg Barber, Urnex for descaler, and Synesso about triple PF baskets. A shot glass with my logo on it could be cool too! I could get the logo printed at a local screen printing shop. Who else am I missing?!?

Maybe Bodum ... they have the double walled shot glasses.  Wouldn't your logo look great on that?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »

Maybe Bodum ... they have the double walled shot glasses.  Wouldn't your logo look great on that?

:)

Maybe it is just me, but I break those things like nothing else I have ever touched in my entire life. They are cool though! I have some sitting around the house too, so maybe I can test out the screen print shop on those.

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
While tampers sound like a great idea they are also very personal. The pitchers and cleaning supplies sound like a great idea. I would even look at adding your logo to the outside of the pitcher. That would be great advertising and it would always be near the machine. It might have to be laser etched though. A nice group brush if it doesn't already come with it would be a plus.

Then you have the supplies to hook the unit up to water.

Tex

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that at the price these will be going for, new owners won't need much in the way of accessories or coffee. These aren't going to be 1st time buyers.

All I'd want is a machine that worked, a phone number for those times it didn't, and a personal visit from the guy who sold it to me, shortly after it's installed, just to make sure it's working the way it's supposed to work.

Loading it down with frou-frou might make me wonder if the seller thought the machine really wasn't worth the price, and was loading me up with stuff out of a feeling of guilt? Reputable companies offer worthwhile accessories at a reasonable cost, not throw them in for free.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
Tex, That is the way the thread has turned. We are now trying to figure out what useful high-end things I could put into an optional bundle of items for the customers to buy if interested. With that I think JDribble is onto something with selling Flo-Jets on the site too.

I would not be giving anything away for free outside of a cleaning brush and possibly 2 demitasse cups at this point,  just selling the bundled items at a better price than they could get them for elsewhere.

Just brainstorming.

My dad bought a second Lexus because they offered him a free pair of Maui Jim Sunglasses to come test drive a new model. He did not feel like he got ripped off :) . I do see what you are saying though. Good point.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:49:48 PM by Warrior372 »

Tex

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
Does your machine come equipped with a water softener? Regardless how soft my local water was supposed to be, I'd never hook up a machine without one.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
No, those are pretty expensive. Do you know of any commercial machines that come with a water softener? They can be bought through me separately.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:50:38 PM by Warrior372 »

Tex

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
No. Do you know of any commercial machines that come with a water softener? They can be bought through me separately.

That's what I meant to ask.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »
You can buy one of those 'ro' type filters or element removal filter cartridges from the hardware store for about thirty bucks if that.  Just plug one into the water line and you are set.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
The thing about tampers comes more into play it it's not 58mm.

Not many first time buyers are buying over a few thousand dollars worth of machine so most people already have 58mm tampers by the time they are looking at higher end machines.

I just think it would be nice for machines over $1,000 to have a tamper come with it just to be able to pull shots right out ot the box.

If I ever build/sell machines I'll include a tamper that is at least functioning.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 05:50:26 PM »
How about an option to be able to plumb it in instead of it being a pour over unit?

Is it already capable of that?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »
The thing about tampers comes more into play it it's not 58mm.

Not many first time buyers are buying over a few thousand dollars worth of machine so most people already have 58mm tampers by the time they are looking at higher end machines.
I just think it would be nice for machines over $1,000 to have a tamper come with it just to be able to pull shots right out ot the box.

If I ever build/sell machines I'll include a tamper that is at least functioning.

+1

IF it's not using the standard 58mm baskets.

EricBNC

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »
How about a hat and a t-shirt?