Author Topic: New toy  (Read 1630 times)

BoldJava

Re: New toy
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »
Just an update...  Apparently the older Zacconi machines were 45mm, but this on is 49mm and actually measure 49.9mm about half way down the basket.  The cherry tamper that the previous owner made is about 48mm, and it clearly too small when I use it, so I'm going to order a new tamper, probably 49.5mm, from Orphan. I'm also going to see if they have a bottomless PF for it.

Ron, the Cremina is a 49.4 and I ordered a 49.4 from Reg Barber and the 49.5 from Orphan.  The Orphan one is too large on one of the baskets (I have a Cremina and an Elektra basket).  Orphan also has the Penney bottomless, 49mm, $150.  Pricey but it is so nice and for me was a one-time purchase.

http://www.orphanespresso.com/Richard-Penney-49mm-Bottomless-Portafilter--Brass-OR-Stainless_p_3495.html

Offline Ron_L

• Standard User
  • Proud Member of the Wisconsin-Illinois Cabal
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 05:14:50 PM »
Thanks... I was just looking at that.  Ouch!  I'll probably still order it :)

Did you measure your basket?  This on measure 49.9, so I'm think the 49.5 would fit, but maybe I'll go with a 49.4 just to be same.  What a mm between friends :-D

BoldJava

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Thanks... I was just looking at that.  Ouch!  I'll probably still order it :)

Did you measure your basket?  This on measure 49.9, so I'm think the 49.5 would fit, but maybe I'll go with a 49.4 just to be same.  What a mm between friends :-D

No, no calipers in the house.  B|Java