Author Topic: Rocket Man  (Read 569 times)

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
Rocket Man
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:14:16 PM »
I was wondering if any of you own a Rocket Man?
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Tex

Re: Rocket Man
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:47:34 AM »
What's wrong with the original?

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
i'm bummed that Red Berry has relocated too far away as I'll be in SJ again this summer.
Every day I'm there, I'm at Red Berry every morning for 5 days enjoying the best waffles, and the coffee
isn't too shabby. 

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 07:02:13 AM »
I had 4 Rocket Man servers when I ran my roasting business. We used them at the local university for home football games, delivering coffee in the stands. We also used them at events downtown. I obtained a permit to walk the sidewalks and sell or give out samples. During our tree lighting ceremony around the square we went out with a few backpacks full and gave out 4 oz samples of our coffee. We drained all the packs within 20 minutes. everyone thought they were the coolest things they ever saw.

They worked very well. They hold about 2.5 gallons. The canister is very much like a "Cornie" or a "Sixer," if you are familiar with beer brewing/kegging. You use a pump similar to a tire pump to pressurize the tank. Before you serve, you need to bleed off a little air so it does not sputter. Same is true when you get toward the end of the container; don't try to serve it when it sputters...you will end up getting it on yourself or a customer. I never had a problem with it cooling down too much before I had it all served. They are fairly heavy, but have a good waist harness that helps support the weight. Our guys wore aprons that held lids, sweetener, creamer packs, etc.

Shep
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:16:21 AM by shep »
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion