Author Topic: Mr. Coffee 12 cup model: BVMC-SJX33GT  (Read 1229 times)

HeartsKing

Mr. Coffee 12 cup model: BVMC-SJX33GT
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:58 PM »
This is what's available at my Parents-in-laws.  It comes stock with a glass carafe and it can use a thermal (proprietary; separate purchase) carafe.  Somehow it can detect which is in place and switch off the heating plate (thermal carafe) or switch it on (glass carafe).  I was wondering how it does that?  Can I trick it into thinking the thermal is in place while using the glass?  No, I'm not going to open it open it up and cut the power to the heating plate; would like to, but it's not my machine.

I cleaned it and used it with 4 quarters on the heating plate to diffuse some of the heat.  Not too bad.  Like that the coffee maker beeps when it's done brewing, which let's me move the carafe to a hot pad to stop the burning / over heating of the coffee.

I know what everyone is saying, why didn't you just bring your travel setup.  Well, that was my intent, but I forgot my hand grinder and aeropress in the midst of trying to make sure I had other essentials.  What?!?  (you're now asking)... coffee should be your first priority!  Well, I did bring fresh roasted coffee for the family; just no brewing equipment.  I did get to enjoy some nice coffees over at Peter's during a cupping session and a very nicely constructed latte too; boy did that remind me how much I missed my daily lattes while I'm away from home and it kept me up pretty late too, but it was worth it.

Well, with the impending move to WI in early May, I will have plenty of equipment nearby soon.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Mr. Coffee 12 cup model: BVMC-SJX33GT
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:08:19 PM »
You are welcome back anytime Irwin.  Maybe next time I'll pour a latte worth posting.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

HeartsKing

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:25:05 PM »
You are welcome back anytime Irwin.  Maybe next time I'll pour a latte worth posting.
I would have posted it, but you thought it not worthy; I will respect your discretion.  For my "art", I'll post even the very abstract blobs.

jano

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »
I hope you figure it out, I'm really curious to know how they do it.  How about some sort of IR sensor?  Look for a small little cutout that would be similar to the end of a tv remote?

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:49 AM »
I would have posted it, but you thought it not worthy; I will respect your discretion.  For my "art", I'll post even the very abstract blobs.
I'm with you, HK. I can find a Renoir in cloud formations... and awesome images are on top of lattes. :)

Particular Peter only posts pours that are not Picasso or Pollock but Poussin.  ;)