Author Topic: Obel grinder  (Read 933 times)

Offline Dmsweatt

• Standard User
  • Bunn ES-1A, Behmor 1600
Obel grinder
« on: July 02, 2013, 04:35:47 AM »
So I picked up the following grinder from a goodwill auction and should have it in hand early next week.

It is a Mr. Espresso, which seems to be one of the disguises for an Obel DSQ.  It is minus a hopper and a doser, but I figured it would be a decent upgrade from the kitchenaid proline (though stepless and with new burrs it has been doing better than I expected).

Anyone have any experience with this grinder? Any suggestions on maintenance other than checking the burrs and a deep cleaning?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Obel grinder
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
Never heard of Obel, but that doesn't mean much.

It looks impossible to clean the grind path, so you'd always be dealing w/ stale coffee from the previous grind.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »

It looks impossible to clean the grind path, so you'd always be dealing w/ stale coffee from the previous grind.

Must be more European distribution.  "... re-badged as Bezzera, Carimali, Bregant plus others..."

Offline Dmsweatt

• Standard User
  • Bunn ES-1A, Behmor 1600
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »

Good point.  For now the first shot every morning will go to the wife. 

I've seen a number of doserless mods online; maybe I can break out the dremel and rig something up.