Author Topic: Las Vegas?  (Read 1350 times)

zhensley

Las Vegas?
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
Is there anyone in the Las Vegas area who could potentially check out a machine for me? I have contact with someone selling a 1kg electric Toper. Thanks

Offline sea330

• Standard User
Re: Las Vegas?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 07:06:39 AM »
I live about 70 miles from LV, going over Monday or Tues. If your still interested will check it out for you.
Rich

zhensley

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
Wow, that would be fantastic. I'm happy to pay you for your trouble. Let me know when you decide your travel day(s) and I'll communicate with the seller to see if I can work something out.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
Better tell the seller to not sell it to anyone named Rich.   ;D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

zhensley

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 12:55:20 PM »
I've looked around but haven't found a ton of information on resell value of these in good condition. It is the 1kg Cafemino electric. Thoughts?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »
There are one or two members that use electric Topers, I think. jimec3 has a 2K, and I think sosha has one.

What's the asking price?

No doubt you don't want to pay more than you have to, but only you can decided if the seller's bottom-dollar price is worth it.  If he wants x amount of dollars, are you willing to spend that to roast (probably less than) 1kg with an electric roaster?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
I've looked around but haven't found a ton of information on resell value of these in good condition. It is the 1kg Cafemino electric. Thoughts?

LP, natural gas, or electric.  http://www.cafemino.com/e-cafemino-gaz.html

Offline sea330

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
No I would not be interested but I here the 1 kilo topper is a robust little roaster for an electric. A local has a 15 Kilo Ambex for sale trying to hook up, bigger then i ever wanted but the price is right, I am thinking if I can roast 5 Kilos on it, I may pull the triger, My demand right now is only 130 to 140 lbs a month, this roaster is a little over Kill for what I need but the capacity is there if I need it. I have only 8 months experance on a 2 kilo Osturk very simple machine, can't be that big of a jump if I can control the flame.

zhensley

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »
So there's a 2kg Osturk about to hit the market?  :D

BoldJava - thanks for the link. I've seen that and am familiar, but haven't read or seen much in terms of price - new or used.

The asking price is $2500 which sounds like a good price from everything I can put together