Green Coffee Buying Club - GCBC > Available Green Coffee Offerings

** Brazil - General Utility Coffee 55 Lb Left 5.5.23

(1/16) > >>

Ascholten:
Hello everyone:

I have been asked several times if I had a cheaper bean that can be used to break in, or cure, or clean out a roaster with.
I DO have my Robusta, which is reasonably priced but have been told on more than one occasion that it is recommended that ones does NOT use Robusta to break in a roaster.

With that, I did some searching and believe I found a good candidate.

I have a Brazilian here that is very reasonably priced, in fact I can sell it at the same price range of the Robusta, and it will do very well for your break in beans.

Why would you need to run some batches of cheap beans thru a roaster:

1.  New Roaster, need to break it in, season it

2.  You want to experiment and don't want to kill a 5 dollar a pound coffee doing so.  This would also work for rough dialing in a grinder too, or playing with espresso trying to learn the techniques, or troubleshoot issues.

3.  You burned the crap out of a batch, (Ive done this on my Behmor a number of times), now need to run a few batches thru to get the burnt smell out of the thing which would also flavor the next batch of coffee too.  (go ahead, ask me how I know this  :o  )

I was looking for cheap, and unfortunately, there really are no 50 cent a pound beans, unless you want to buy them by the Ton, literally, and the ones I seen in the warehouse were from year 2015.  I honestly can't see how putting garbage thru your roaster would make it any better than the garbage you took out when you burned it up!!  I could not see how this would be helpful in any way, especially having to buy 2200 lbs of it in a super bag.  Would YOU want to roast up a bunch of Mildewy, Moldy beans and leave that residue for your next good batch?

Now.  This Brazillian, actually is not that bad of a bean.  I did roast up some, to make sure it didn't funk out anything, and it is not bad flavor wise.  It's light years ahead of Big Blue or Big Red, but still, nowhere NEAR the quality we expect for our normal sales here.  Just like my Robusta is a cleaner, smoother cup, and not horrible mud like some other Robusta's are, this one is also a cleaner, smoother cup of coffee however UNLIKE the Robusta, which brings Caffeine to the table, which is why I got it, this one brings really nothing much to the drinking table when compared to the regular coffee's we do sell for drinking.

There are no cupping notes.  Royal listed Chocolate, Creamy, and Walnut, but this coffee barely just barely would qualify for being called specialty coffee.  It's absolutely safe to drink of course, but not the quality we expect so is not being sold as a drinker.  It's got some Chocolate flavors in it but that's about all, is very one dimensional.

With this, I will only sell it 5 lbs MAX per order.  Again, Im not selling it for your drinking pleasure, Im selling it to clean your rig out or break it in, or play mad scientist with.  If you want to drink it though, or give it to the mother in law, well here you have it!

If you wish to order some  coffee   Please  FOLLOW DIRECTIONS to order

The Pay Pal e-mail to send the money to is:  aaronscholten@comcast.net if you want to do it manually.  Otherwise click the links below to be taken directly to pay pal with the numbers filled in for you.

Prices:
    Coffee 2.55 Lb

I have also been asked,  Can I just get only a half pound, I have a small roaster and only need one run thru.   Yes you can.

A half a pound will be $1.55..  simply add $1.55 to whatever your total comes to and I will throw in the half pound of GCC Beans to your order
A full pound of will be $2.55..  simply add $2.55 to whatever your total comes to and I will throw in the full  pound of GCC to your order

and if you want a full 5 Lbs to have it on hand for periodical cleaning runs or tinkering with toys:

5 Lb =   $22.95    I want 5 Pounds

Thank you
Aaron

55 Lb Left

WonderRoom:
Just paid for 5 lbs.  Thank you.

100-5 = 95

Alex.Enc:
Hello! Just got a new behmor and need to test it out. I would like to order 5lbs, is it still available?

Ascholten:
yes alex it is still available, I have plenty of this coffee and will generally keep it in stock.

Aaron

Alex.Enc:
Thank you Aaron. Paid for 5lbs just now.

95-5=90 left

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version