Author Topic: Behmor 1600 Profiles / Q&A / Tips & Tricks  (Read 93627 times)

silicon

Re: Behmor 1600 Profiles / Q&A / Tips & Tricks
« Reply #360 on: June 05, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
I had a small thermometer in my behmor, very helpful IMO and also very low cost

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #361 on: June 05, 2013, 09:28:39 PM »
Nice. A standard Taylor oven thermometer. Where exactly does it hang down from? Does it get in the way of the door or the drum?

silicon

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2013, 04:32:32 AM »
A picture worth a thousand words

Burner0000

« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
A cheap K-type does the trick for me.  Since I can't change the temp I stopped using it..

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Standard User
« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
A cheap K-type does the trick for me.  Since I can't change the temp I stopped using it..

Maybe not increase the temperature, but you can certainly decrease it by opening the door.

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
  • "It's not easy being green"
« Reply #365 on: July 05, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this.  After a year or so of no roasting I just pulled out my Behmor again.  I was surprised at how filthy I had left it.  So I followed the cleaning instructions and did the inside of the "muffler," the fan blades, and all of the stainless surfaces in and out.

Joe Behm says to use "Simple Green," which I'm sure works pretty well.  But based on a tip from Cook's Illustrated I used "Method all purpose natural surface cleaner" instead. Cook's recently ran a comparison of cleaning products and Method took the honors. This product is not petroleum based and is marketed as "green."  The main criterion for the Cook's Illustrated analysis was performance, regardless of environmental impact, and they compared both petroleum-based and others side by side.  So it surprised me to see that this product outperformed the others, including the ones you might think would be more effective due to their nastiness, and also including Simple Green. Method has since become my default degreaser, and it did wonders with the baked on coffee oils and soot inside my Behmor.

Just passing this along.  Apparently Method has a number of products.  The one Cook's reviewed was purple, so that is the one I am using.  I don't know anything about the other versions.

-Paul
Catch and release - into the grease!

BoldJava

« Reply #366 on: July 05, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »
Good to see you dude.  How is your son, how is life, etc.

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
  • "It's not easy being green"
« Reply #367 on: July 05, 2013, 06:55:18 PM »
Good to see you dude.  How is your son, how is life, etc.

Thank you friend. All is well but in transition. Probably best to speak by PM or, even better, by phone. I'll send you my current number by PM as soon as I post this. Thank you for posting!

-Paul
Catch and release - into the grease!

condor11

« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »
Hi folks,

I wanna buy the Behmor 1600 from a local retailer and want to make sure I pick up the latest revision of a model. I understand that over the years Behmor have released a few revisions of 1600 and just was wondering what parts were revised so that I can be sure to ask/check at the store that I am getting the latest (and greatest) model.

Being in Canada these kinds of things don't sell that well and there are only a handfull of stores so there is a chance the store has older model lying around.

Thanks in advance

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
How many users are using temp probes in the behmor1600 and where are you placing it. I'm talking about one with a thermocouple like you can get at SM's.

BoldJava

« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:18 AM »
New Behmors, 10% off through 12/10 at http://seattlecoffeegear.com. Free shipping.

Enter code SCGDAILY24

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2013, 07:12:53 AM »
New Behmors, 10% off through 12/10 at http://seattlecoffeegear.com. Free shipping.

Enter code SCGDAILY24

Is that on your list for Santa to bring you?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:24 AM »
I did not know about pressing P1 and P2 to get Celsius temp readings during the roast:

Has anyone verified what the display on the panel means when P1 or P2 is pressed during the roast cycle? I read in another forum that it is the sensor's temperature reading in Celsius. My infra red thermometer is not at all accurate.

Since I did not get a reply, I asked the HK distributor to inquire directly from Behmor engineering department. P1 is the sensor's reading for roasting chamber temperature and P2 is the reading from the exhaust temperature. All values in Celsius and can be monitored during the roast cycle.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

RobertL

« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »
Sorry guys if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find a straight answer. How long does it take to get a 1/2# of greens to first crack in a Behmor on the 1# P1 setting?

Offline sonnyhad

• Standard User
« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2014, 08:43:19 PM »
About 10 - 12 minutes If i can remember correctly .