Author Topic: Krups Moka Brew  (Read 5990 times)

cfsheridan

Re: Krups Moka Brew
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 07:44:47 AM »
If Dave's rummaging proves unsuccessful, I have an ample supply of the rasqualfelt.
Thanks for the offer Chad.
Is the felt a reusable item?

Im not sure about the rasqualfelt?? but that Rasqualleldfelt® is the bomb... very reusable and adaptable I found my supply just the other day... need to try some pour over cones with it  ;)

Seems the folks from the WIC have a need for extra letters to make their products appear more important.

I return to the utilitarian.  rasqualfelt.  No need for the extra letters, it affects the taste by filtering out more of the oils.

BoldJava

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »
Seems the folks from the WIC have a need for extra letters to make their products appear more important.

I return to the utilitarian.  rasqualfelt.  No need for the extra letters, it affects the taste by filtering out more of the oils.

Don't be confused between The Rasqualleldfelt® and rasqualfelt.  This is more than brand name vs. generic.

Rasqualleldfelt® has been touched by The Rasqual. rasqualfelt is often a knockoff that is a result of child-labor-for-allowances, only indirectly passing through the R's hands, at best.  rasqualfelt may or may not have even been inside the Rasqual-dome in Cicero.  It has been reported that at times, his kids have "Tom Sawyer'ed" the labor out.

I don't want to add to the cult-like nature of the product's pusher but Rasqualleldfelt® merits the premium.  It makes miracle-like coffee.

B|Java, testifying
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:45:13 PM by BoldJava »

yorel23

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
And just how does one come to acquire some of this Rasqualleldfelt®?? 

cfsheridan

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »

I return to the utilitarian.  rasqualfelt.  No need for the extra letters, it affects the taste by filtering out more of the oils.

Don't be confused between The Rasqualleldfelt® and rasqualfelt.  This is more than brand name vs. generic.

Rasqualleldfelt® has been touched by The Rasqual. rasqualfelt is often a knockoff that is a result of child-labor-for-allowances, only indirectly passing through the R's hands, at best.  rasqualfelt may or may not have even been inside the Rasqual-dome in Cicero.  It has been reported that at times, his kids have "Tom Sawyer'ed" the labor out.

I don't want to add to the cult-like nature of the product's pusher but Rasqualleldfelt® merits the premium.  It makes miracle-like coffee.

B|Java, testifying

Ah, but rasqualfelt was procured in accordance with the pronouncement of the oracle, and though having not been touched by the oracle of rasqual, it more than makes up for it by not being tarnished by the proximity to the evil Daly machine.

BoldJava

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:27 PM »
And just how does one come to acquire some of this Rasqualleldfelt®??  

The oracle migrated from here (oral tradition)

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/machines/434269?Page=6

and then migrated here

http://scott.marquardt.googlepages.com/invertedaeropressingforbettercoffee

(Notice, you will never see the face of Rasqual, only his hands.)

Finally, he was spotted leaving the site here:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/questions/381910

B|Java

lurkerjohnny

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 04:25:29 PM »
All this talk about the Mokabrew makes me wish I didn't drop a tamper on my glass carafe.  If anyone sees a good deal on just the glass give a holler!

BoldJava

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »
All this talk about the Mokabrew makes me wish I didn't drop a tamper on my glass carafe.  If anyone sees a good deal on just the glass give a holler!

Always pretty standard price, though this one seemed cheaper at $40:

http://www.thegourmetdepotco.com/store/store_details.asp?item=3274

Try posting to the Wanted:  Trade, buy, sell forum at Coffeegeek.com.

B|Java
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:32:30 AM by BoldJava »

cfsheridan

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »

Cameras do not work at that altitude.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »

Cameras do not work at that altitude.

LOL...

lurkerjohnny

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »
Always pretty standard price, though this one seemed cheaper at $40:

Thanks for the headsup.  Definitely the cheapest I've seen yet.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
I may be picking up a KMB and I thought I would bump this thread and see if there are any more tricks or tips to be offered by you more experienced KMB Jedi. .

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 07:14:10 PM »
I may be picking up a KMB and I thought I would bump this thread and see if there are any more tricks or tips to be offered by you more experienced KMB Jedi. .

Play with the tamping.  You don't need much, but want level and slightly compacted coffee.  Half or full pots work much better than a cup or two.  I use the same coffee:water ratio as for french press, ground medium.

Now you know everything I do.  Jedi Mind Transfer.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:38 PM »
I do a palm/heel tamp or use the back of the spoon to compact the coffee a bit -- not really a tamp.

B|Java

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »
For no good reason, I'm suggesting a tamp w/ something flat.  For example an inverted mason jar, or you could make something out of wood.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
YEAH BOYEEE!!!

Krups Moka Brew in the hiz-ouse.

My KMB arrived Saturday. Going to give it a test run tonight.