Author Topic: New toys  (Read 4450 times)

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
New toys
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:44:35 AM »
I just returned from Taiwan, and wanted to show & tell my new toys.  I just posted about my new grinder (photo 1) in http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=4145.0.  I also bought a new butane burner (photo 2) for my Hario siphon.  I just don't like waiting for the alcohol burner.  It is far too slow.  This burner will bring the water up to temp very quickly, and if you fill it from camping stove butane, it is very cheap.  I sure did want to pick up one of those nice cold-drip set-ups, but luggage space and wife prevented me from doing so (this time ;)).
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

BoldJava

Re: New toys
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 05:21:21 AM »
Thought we might keep this one alive as the thread for recently purchased toys or "toys yet to be..."

Peter, always in a mood to tip me over the 'buy' reluctance, sent along this dandy.  Needless to say, I added it to my Amazon cart and will obtain it once I hit the free shipping threshold.  It will be proudly displayed at the Best Palate in the Midwest Showdown in August.

B|Udder

Tex

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »
Thought we might keep this one alive as the thread for recently purchased toys or "toys yet to be..."

Peter, always in a mood to tip me over the 'buy' reluctance, sent along this dandy.  Needless to say, I added it to my Amazon cart and will obtain it once I hit the free shipping threshold.  It will be proudly displayed at the Best Palate in the Midwest Showdown in August.

B|Udder

That's a hoot(er)! ;D ;D

Pyment

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
That's a dripper!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:49:20 AM »

B|Udder

Almost looks like your going to be milking a Jersey.
 ;D

Nice toys Yasbean.  When you going back for the cold brewer you didn't get this time?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »

B|Udder

;D

Nice toys Yasbean.  When you going back for the cold brewer you didn't get this time?

On my way in just a few weeks, once I finish up in here China.  No fun coffee toys here, though.  :(  Lots of tea and tea toys, though.  Can you say "Yixing"?

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:57:26 AM »

B|Udder

;D

On my way in just a few weeks, once I finish up in here China.  No fun coffee toys here, though.  :(  Lots of tea and tea toys, though.  Can you say "Yixing"?

What brings you to that part of the world?

???
lp, 7-Ski

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 08:06:15 AM »

Peter, always in a mood to tip me over the 'buy' reluctance, sent along this dandy.  Needless to say, I added it to my Amazon cart and will obtain it once I hit the free shipping threshold.  It will be proudly displayed at the Best Palate in the Midwest Showdown in August.

B|Udder

;D

Nice toys Yasbean.  When you going back for the cold brewer you didn't get this time?

On my way in just a few weeks, once I finish up in here China.  No fun coffee toys here, though.  :(  Lots of tea and tea toys, though.  Can you say "Yixing"?

???
I am running two seperate 6-week university study abroad programs.  Although the Taiwan program is much hotter, the super-duper coffee makes up for it.  I may try to work a trip to the Ah-li Shan (Mt. Ali) coffee plantation, this year, too.  Both good coffee and some of the best tea in the world all in one small area of the mountain!  Yummy!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 08:17:23 AM »

Peter, always in a mood to tip me over the 'buy' reluctance, sent along this dandy.  Needless to say, I added it to my Amazon cart and will obtain it once I hit the free shipping threshold.  It will be proudly displayed at the Best Palate in the Midwest Showdown in August.

B|Udder

;D

Nice toys Yasbean.  When you going back for the cold brewer you didn't get this time?

On my way in just a few weeks, once I finish up in here China.  No fun coffee toys here, though.  :(  Lots of tea and tea toys, though.  Can you say "Yixing"?

???
I am running two seperate 6-week university study abroad programs.  Although the Taiwan program is much hotter, the super-duper coffee makes up for it.  I may try to work a trip to the Ah-li Shan (Mt. Ali) coffee plantation, this year, too.  Both good coffee and some of the best tea in the world all in one small area of the mountain!  Yummy!

Good for you ... that sounds very interesting indeed.

lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 08:18:25 AM »
That's a dripper!

They do that too if the baby's not hungry enough! ;D ;D

BoldJava

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »
Peter has a tracking number from Chris's Coffee, so I am trying to use the interim as a time to catch up in volume.  I have been after a ceramic pot somewhere in the 28 ounce range.  May have found it in this Melitta (Deutschland, naturlich) that Melitta used to be made for their 6-cup dripper.  Snagged a robin's egg blue one off eBay. I am betting a liter pot.  That would be poy-fect.

Need to get my 6-cup porcelain pourover to Peter for drilling.

B|Java
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:58:35 AM by BoldJava »

gotnoname19

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
So I was at my local restaurant supply store today, and I found this baby for $8.99.

Tex

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
Too bad they don't include an insulated cozy for the pot.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
Too bad they don't include an insulated cozy for the pot.

Too bad you can't help raining on some else' parade.   ;D

How many more are left Andrew?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

gotnoname19

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 02:05:40 PM »
There are tons of them. If anybody is interested, I'd be happy to help out   :)