Author Topic: New toys  (Read 4449 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: New toys
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »
Is that Larry I see driving Ms Daisy?

He does get around.

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 06:52:20 AM »
Back in Taiwan, and a new toy from Hario.  Note the spiral cone.  It has marks inside for 12 g. & 15 g. coffee grounds.  Too bad it is not SwissGold.  The bottom is to fit all sizes of cups, so this does not have a lid which could act as a seat when done, so I will need to have a plate or paper ready to put the filter on when the coffee has finished dripping.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:55:01 AM by YasBean »
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

BoldJava

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »
An old Hearthware Precision from Stevieboy.  I would like to profile it out against the Gene.  If it cups well, use it for my sample roaster, where I could do three 80-gram samples at different levels.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.hearthwarePrec2.shtml

B|Java

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 08:52:56 AM »
I remember my old Hearthware Gourmet and Precision very well.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

BoldJava

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 05:17:21 AM »
An old Hearthware Precision from Stevieboy.  I would like to profile it out against the Gene...

Ol' Heat hit the porch last night.  I am going to run the same bean through it (75 grams) and work out a profile (length of time).  Then run that same bean against the Gene and the beast -- the RK.  I want to see if the Precision provides a bean that is adequate to use as a sample roaster (will run bright, I know). But if it flies, it is ideal to play with for roasting samples at a variety of levels.

Of course, I had to work late last night and came home to the box sitting on the dining room table and the Czarina sitting in the easy chair.  That arrangement left me with no choice of where to sit: the hot seat.

B|Java
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:35:23 AM by BoldJava »

Online peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2010, 08:27:49 AM »
 I want to see if the Precision provides a bean that is adequate to use as a sample roaster (will run bright, I know). But if it flies, it is ideal to play with for roasting samples at a variety of levels.

Of course, I had to work late last night and came home to the box sitting on the dining room table and the Czarina sitting in the easy chair.  That arrangement left me with no choice of where to sit: the hot seat.

B|Java

If that's all you want to do is roast samples to various levels, I will suggest a SC/TO and a metal spoon.  You can through a half lb. into it, when it hits C+ scoop out enough grams for your evaluation brew, let it progress to FC and do the same, and on and on.  Multiple roast levels for cupping out of one roasted sample.   :angel:
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
 I want to see if the Precision provides a bean that is adequate to use as a sample roaster (will run bright, I know). But if it flies, it is ideal to play with for roasting samples at a variety of levels.

B|Java

If that's all you want to do is roast samples to various levels, I will suggest a SC/TO and a metal spoon.  You can through a half lb. into it, when it hits C+ scoop out enough grams for your evaluation brew, let it progress to FC and do the same, and on and on.  Multiple roast levels for cupping out of one roasted sample.   :angel:
Let me interpret what B|A_Toy_Lover is trying to say.  "Czarina I just wanted a new toy"...... "why do I need it?"  ..... "ah, ah I need..... a ah sample roaster... I needed a sample roaster"... yeh, that's it, a sample roaster."

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »

B|Java

If that's all you want to do is roast samples to various levels, I will suggest a SC/TO and a metal spoon.  You can through a half lb. into it, when it hits C+ scoop out enough grams for your evaluation brew, let it progress to FC and do the same, and on and on.  Multiple roast levels for cupping out of one roasted sample.   :angel:

Now stop that Peter ... you're not making a case for the new sample roaster.

;D
lp, 7-Ski

Online peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »

B|Java

;D

Why, of course I am.  It's just that I'm making the case for a sample roaster that will actually work much more gooder than a Hearthware.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:01 AM »

B|Java

;D

Why, of course I am.  It's just that I'm making the case for a sample roaster that will actually work much more gooder than a Hearthware.

Yeah ... but he probably already has one of those!

;)
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
Be careful "Some peoples" wives read these boards, Next time I "need" something this could come back to haunt me. I say it takes a lot of stuff to make good coffee, I am sticking to that.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »
Be careful "Some peoples" wives read these boards, Next time I "need" something this could come back to haunt me. I say it takes a lot of stuff to make good coffee, I am sticking to that.

Whatever works.

;D
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »

That doesn't even begin to say it! Just ask Mrs T, she'll tell you it takes at least a garage full of stuff to make good coffee, plus the pieces on display in the house.

Poor girl, she never knew what hit her 20 - 30 years ago when I started getting heavily into espresso! >:D