Author Topic: 15 lb Royal Roaster on Ebay  (Read 1179 times)

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
15 lb Royal Roaster on Ebay
« on: March 17, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: 15 lb Royal Roaster on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:45:03 AM »
Are you going for it John?  It certainly looks like a "BEAST"!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Stubbie

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
Note to eBay seller...

Tidy up a bit before taking all those pictures for the world to see - you're in the candy business and you live in filth.  :o

I have seen a few of these roasters posted up for sale.  There is another one out in CA that has been posted and re-posted a few times - more of a showpiece if you ask me.

-Stubbie

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
If you shop around you can get one of these for a lot less.  There are undoubtedly thousands (or tens of thousands) of them gathering dust in back rooms and warehouses around the country.  I have seen them go for under $500, and I bet that dozens of them get sold for scrap every year.

All in all, they are probably not a bad chassis for modification.  With some ceramic insulation, modern sensors, and controlled airflow (and a little spit and polish) a guy could probably build a masterpiece for cheap. 

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
If you shop around you can get one of these for a lot less.  There are undoubtedly thousands (or tens of thousands) of them gathering dust in back rooms and warehouses around the country.  I have seen them go for under $500, and I bet that dozens of them get sold for scrap every year.

All in all, they are probably not a bad chassis for modification.  With some ceramic insulation, modern sensors, and controlled airflow (and a little spit and polish) a guy could probably build a masterpiece for cheap. 

I am waiting for that chance meeting where I stumble upon just such an opportunity where I can volunteer to help remove that eyesore from the dark back corner of some ones storage