Author Topic: Artigiano 2.5 # shop roaster/Ebay  (Read 8040 times)

Tex

Re: Artigiano 2.5 # shop roaster/Ebay
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:33 AM »
It's the classic economics conundrum; Risk Aversion - The unwillingness to take a risk a unless the risk is eliminated. There's no right or wrong implied; some folks are risk averse and some see the value of a calculated risk. Seems like most folks here fall into the former group?

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
It's the classic economics conundrum; Risk Aversion - The unwillingness to take a risk a unless the risk is eliminated. There's no right or wrong implied; some folks are risk averse and some see the value of a calculated risk. Seems like most folks here fall into the former group?

Hahahaha!

It's not like the choices are to take (zero risk) or (all known risk) without any risk analysis involved.

Key points to consider are zero feedback, better than normal deal, not answering bidder questions....if you continue to find question marks along a long enough time line bold risk taking can become reckless gambling... :-X 
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »

Hahahaha!

It's not like the choices are to take (zero risk) or (all known risk) without any risk analysis involved.

Key points to consider are zero feedback, better than normal deal, not answering bidder questions....if you continue to find question marks along a long enough time line bold risk taking can become reckless gambling... :-X 

And there's plenty of ways to lose money w/ egay and paypal, as BW attested to.

# Worst case scenario: Your money is tied up in the dispute process for a month.

That may not be the worst case scenario.  You need to be prepared to lose some or all of it.  And the hours it may take to resolve it, even if you do get  your money back, is not something I'd want to deal with it.

I hope you get it.  I wish mp would get it, and sell it to me for twice the amount.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »
It's pretty simple really; if you're going to play the eBay game you'd better learn to play by the rules. But that goes for any purchase; read the fine print before you buy! As for the zero rating - every eBay seller starts with zero, that's no reason to avoid bidding. And sellers often start a $1000 item with a $1 bid, knowing that knowledgeable bidders will understand the starting bid isn't where the final bidding will end.

eBay has very strong buyer protections built into their buying/selling agreements. I've made some pretty good buys over the years and one or two stinkers. I've also ended up selling stuff for a lot less than I thought it was worth, but that's part of the eBay game too. All I can say is that if you don't read the fine print you're going to get burned.

I don't understand some of the cynicism shown here. Are you guys trying to hold bidding down so you can slip in at the last second with cheap winning bids? Or are you so paternalistic that you're trying to be the shield that protects everyone?  ::)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:42:01 PM by Tex »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »
Are you guys trying to hold bidding down so you can slip in at the last second with cheap winning bids?

I seriously doubt it.

I guess I can only speak for myself but I doubt the thing even exists so I would not bid $20 on it.

I don't think you are going to bid on it either.  :-\
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

jspain

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »
Well day two has passed and no response to my questions from the seller???? I'm sure Tex is right! He's probably still at his mother-in-laws taking care of his family and he won't email me until he gets to work tomorrow. I am holding my breath! I'm getting faint with anticipation!

I'm sure he'll email tomorrow and we can all bid at once! Jim I'll let you ALL KNOW as soon as he responds!

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 02:54:01 PM »
Well day two has passed and no response to my questions from the seller???? I'm sure Tex is right! He's probably still at his mother-in-laws taking care of his family and he won't email me until he gets to work tomorrow. I am holding my breath! I'm getting faint with anticipation!

I'm sure he'll email tomorrow and we can all bid at once! Jim I'll let you ALL KNOW as soon as he responds!

BREATH!!!!!  you cant hold your breath till Monday... For the Love of ALL that is good... BREATH!!!!

Tex

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/c355rq

You guys think John is doing this as an April Fools joke? Personally, I suspect all Texans are
!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 05:39:04 PM »
You guys think John is doing this as an April Fools joke? Personally, I suspect all Texans are
I can smell the newly roasted coffee in Robert's new roaster in Pearland right now.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

jspain

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »
Well day three from my asking questions from this seller and still no response. I'm really starting to feel terrible about his mother-in-law. This poor fellow never made it back to work to even answer my email questions????? I'll bet Tex is getting ready to fly to Kentucky to help this poor family out!

How will he be able to get this roaster delivered? How will he be able to even make the deposit of his incoming funds? I'm feeling sorry for this guy. Business is either so fast and furious he can't even answer his email questions or that poor mother-in-law is in really bad shape. Maybe we should all go together and make a bid in behalf of the club? This poor guy needs our help?

"My tongue is sticking so hard against my cheek my jaw hurts!"

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »
I don't understand some of the cynicism shown here.
Some folks don't understand PT Barnum, either...

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »
Sniper Tex, are you ready?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 07:57:09 PM »

Zeroed in and ready, Sir!

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 08:49:21 PM »

Hahahahaha!   ;D

Lee Morrison

jspain

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 06:07:16 AM »

Zeroed in and ready, Sir!

Hey Tex!

Did you buy the roaster? I went to the posting and it was removed??? I may have missed the deadline or........ it was removed? Gosh, I never did get my answers...!

Smiles, Jim