Author Topic: Starbucks Sirena  (Read 805 times)

BoldJava

Starbucks Sirena
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:54:11 AM »
Starbucks is clearly moving out of the hardware line.  They moved a ton of Sirenas to http://woot.com.  $200.

Not an endorsement; no experience with it.  It is Saeco made.  Cruised Coffeegeek and there are no reviews.  Some threads with drip issues but difficult to ascertain how representative they are of the machine in general. 

B|Java
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:53:35 PM by Joe »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Starbucks Sirena
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:10:05 AM »
My sister has a cheap Saeco ... pressurized portafilter and all ... its no Gaggia ... but it does produce a decent espresso.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline stevieboy9

• Standard User
Re: Starbucks Sirena
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:35:48 PM »
Pretty decent deal!  (imho) I've used one for several months.  The Sirena brews a nice shot with practice.  Also, steams well for a milk drink, though it needs a couple of minutes to recover for subsequent milk drink.  "Roastarama" from CoffeeGeek, kindly emailed a terrific set of instructions on using the Sirena.  It comes with a 58mm commercial Gaggia pf.  It's a semi-auto and you can program the times for the single and double shots easily.  The only thing I wish it had is a 3-way solenoid.  There is a learning curve to using the machine, as there is with ANY machine, but, all in all, I like it. At $199 plus $5 shipping this is a nice machine.

Steve, in Ft. Worth
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:53:16 PM by Joe »