Author Topic: Espresso Machine, what should I look for  (Read 3033 times)

Tex

Re: Espresso Machine, what should I look for
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:31:33 PM »
Hi Aaron, I started with a Saeco superauto, quickly got tired of that and moved up to a Quickmill Vetrano - a nice HX there -

but jumped on the chance to own a commercial two group La Cimbali M30 Classic when one was offered here (thanks Felix!!!!) sometime back for much less than what I paid for the Vetrano!

I have not regretted the decision. I have checked some online sites in the past and found a number of refurbished commercial machines at a fraction of the price of a home HX machine.

Good luck and happy hunting!
  ;D

I had a LC M32 Classic 2-grp. Great machine, but it was too big & too hot for my kitchen. But any HX like that is better than any prosumer machine - especially the steam power it has. And you're correct - they can be had for a song!

Enjoy!

Offline Dante

• Standard User
  • High on Caffeine
Re: Espresso Machine, what should I look for
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

I had a LC M32 Classic 2-grp. Great machine, but it was too big & too hot for my kitchen. But any HX like that is better than any prosumer machine - especially the steam power it has. And you're correct - they can be had for a song!

Enjoy!

Hi Tex, my M30 was modded by Felix (kwikslvr here) with heavy foil insulation around the boiler. It runs hot but not any hotter than my Vetrano now. More sophisticated insulation can be used (I've seen the newer Rancilios with a resin-based insulation sleeve) to make the machines run cooler. But, you're right about the huge footprint these machines make. Good thing I have my own kitchen counter for these toys!  ;D
No coffee, No workee!