Author Topic: NEWCO OCS 12 Is it a dream ?  (Read 1218 times)

Aroma3

NEWCO OCS 12 Is it a dream ?
« on: September 02, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
Good day all,
Has anyone heard of the Newco OCS 12 will ever be available. Apparently the company has redesigned this model. The release date keeps getting pushed back. I called several months ago and the lady told me the OCS 12 is manufactured in China and Newco is working on production details. What, if anything, have others heard?
Best,
A 3

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: NEWCO OCS 12 Is it a dream ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 09:10:10 PM »
everything we know about that can be found in this thread..

In short.. they have been giving us the same story... I suggest a pour-over cone or chemex and a good electric kettle or a vac pot, may not be plug and play but its pretty good coffee when the temp, grind and immersion is done right

welcome to our little house of coffee :) jump in, the water is fine... do you roast??

dtowers

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »
I would like to get one as well when they are available.   Any chance at a group buy?

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:54:42 PM »
I would like to get one as well when they are available.   Any chance at a group buy?

GCBC can get a discount from the manufacturer... but their are no OCS machines available the last any one checked...

everything we know about that can be found in this thread..

In short.. they have been giving us the same story... I suggest a pour-over cone or chemex and a good electric kettle or a vac pot, may not be plug and play but its pretty good coffee when the temp, grind and immersion is done right

personally I have found in the vast archive of this website that my money is better spent on numerous brewing methods that have broadened my appreciation of good coffee more than single counter top brewer

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »
My Newco saved the night...

I borrowed a commercial airpot coffee maker from my brother to give out coffee at a City Hall event.

After an hour the water was warm and not hot (ohhhh no!) I called my daughter and asked her to bring my Newco.

I was serving pot after pot after a few minutes of getting the Newco. This little things are awesome...

-pat

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:33:38 AM »
My Newco saved the night...

I borrowed a commercial airpot coffee maker from my brother to give out coffee at a City Hall event.

After an hour the water was warm and not hot (ohhhh no!) I called my daughter and asked her to bring my Newco.

I was serving pot after pot after a few minutes of getting the Newco. This little things are awesome...

-pat

point well taken...  I would love to have a good 110v commercial brewer just for events and ?? especially if it is plumbed in with a hot water tap.. then I could do all the other methods with 200deg water on demand.. ;)