Author Topic: Thrift Store Score  (Read 987 times)

yorel23

Thrift Store Score
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
Just browsing through one of the local thrift stores tonight.  Came up with a couple good bargains.  The Carezza is missing the drip tray (wonder if I'll notice :-\) and the portafilter.  I figure at the least it will be good for backup/experimenting.  The Chemex will go right alongside the 1 pint Chemex that I found there last month.  Total for the Carezza and two Chemex brewers?  Under $9.  Sometimes I wonder why I browse through those places as often as I do.  Tonight reminded me why. :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:18:17 PM by yorel23 »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: Thrift Store Score
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:08 PM »
The Carezza is missing the drip tray (wonder if I'll notice :-\)

Not much.... A folded paper towel should be almost the same as if you had it.  :-X
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »
Just browsing through one of the local thrift stores tonight.  Came up with a couple good bargains.  The Carezza is missing the drip tray (wonder if I'll notice :-\) and the portafilter.  I figure at the least it will be good for backup/experimenting.  The Chemex will go right alongside the 1 pint Chemex that I found there last month.  Total for the Carezza and two Chemex brewers?  Under $9.  Sometimes I wonder why I browse through those places as often as I do.  Tonight reminded me why. :D

Great acquisitions at a very reasonable cost!

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »
Way to go!

I found a Whirley Pop for $3 the other day and bought it out of curiosity. I think it'll probably spend the rest of it's days out in the camper serving it's intended function, though.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";