Author Topic: Pourover Throwdown, Lake Cheddar  (Read 5411 times)

BoldJava

Re: Pourover Throwdown, Lake Cheddar
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:01 AM »
CCD-Mr Thompson Owen and a Clever twist (brewed at strength x 2, then diluted)

Clever Coffee Dripper; Techniques and a Twist

thejavaman

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »
Interesting.  I've never used a CCD before.  How does the cup compare to the inverted AP method?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
Interesting.  I've never used a CCD before.  How does the cup compare to the inverted AP method?

That's a good question.  It's been a long time since I've used the AP to brew a cup of black coffee.  Mine is pretty much relegated to iced coffee usage, so I can't give you a direct comparison to the CCD.

I've done a couple side-by-side, simultaneous brews with the CCD and my trusty/rusty press pot.  There are some real similarities there, both being full-immersion steeping, with the main difference I find coming from the paper filter vs. screen.  For the last several months, my daily go-to has been the CCD with the white Filtropa filters.  Six months ago I would have said you're crazy if you told me I'd be preferring paper filters, but I find the flavors to be more approachable and 'present' with some of the coffee fines out of the way.

That said, I think the poly-felt really offers the best of both worlds, so I may go back to the AP for a month or two.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »
The CCD is going to cover up:

B|Java
http://twitpic.com/1h4b2k