Author Topic: Portafilter Funnel, Orphan Espresso  (Read 2871 times)

Gompas

Re: Portafilter Funnel, Orphan Espresso
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 08:24:22 AM »

Just so you know where it comes from here are some of my Gompa Lhasa Apsos

That third painting reminds me of my dearly departed Doggums.

This lovely woman in New Mexico has done paintings of two of my dogs (Champ and Raji) and also I commissioned her to do one of my sister's Sheltie (Loola Mae). 

http://www.katywidger.com/

Susan
(who was Susan and then Gompa and now Susan again.....)

Tex

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »
What's it called and how much does it cost?

I use a stainless steel canning funnel, but that is definitely classier and would make a great gift...

Susan

It is called a coffee toy and it puts me out ahead of Peter and his Beaver Kleaver Cupper Trap from Sweet Maria's. <yesssssssssssssssssssss>

Portafilter dosing funnel.

http://www.orphanespresso.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=1530

B|Java

Rookies!

Tex

You are still one roaster behind... don't get too poofed up ;D

Does a TurboCrazy, a UFO/CO, plus a few hot air poppers count? BTW: I was in a huge restaurant supply store a few weeks ago and they had a HUGE used Diedrich (VR30??) with a/b for $9500. If I got that I could roast enough in one batch to last a year or more!

But I'll yield the point: In fact, Mrs T will be pleased to hear that you have more stuff than me! Not sure how your lady will take the news though?

milowebailey

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 09:45:15 AM »

I use a stainless steel canning funnel, but that is definitely classier and would make a great gift...

Susan

It is called a coffee toy and it puts me out ahead of Peter and his Beaver Kleaver Cupper Trap from Sweet Maria's. <yesssssssssssssssssssss>

http://www.orphanespresso.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117&products_id=1530

B|Java

Rookies!

Tex

Does a TurboCrazy, a UFO/CO, plus a few hot air poppers count? BTW: I was in a huge restaurant supply store a few weeks ago and they had a HUGE used Diedrich (VR30??) with a/b for $9500. If I got that I could roast enough in one batch to last a year or more!

But I'll yield the point: In fact, Mrs T will be pleased to hear that you have more stuff than me! Not sure how your lady will take the news though?

Mrs. Milowebailey was pleased to hear Mrs. T is getting another toy..... in fact she asked me last night when the brass thingy was going to make it's debut

Tex

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:10 AM »

Susan

B|Java

Rookies!

Tex

Mrs. Milowebailey was pleased to hear Mrs. T is getting another toy..... in fact she asked me last night when the brass thingy was going to make it's debut

Yours or mine? As soon as my check clears the guys putting it on the UPS truck. When it shows up on my counter depends on what I find when it gets here. I'm hoping it's as good as the seller says. Mrs T said as soon as I'm satisfied with its condition I should call the electrician & plumber.

Now that's my kind of gal! ;D

milowebailey

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »

Yours or mine?

Mine... she is excited to see it shine and pull shots.

Tex

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

Yours or mine?

Me too! I just hope they're not a disappointment to us? :-\

Boy, would Mrs T laugh at me if my funky ol' Bunn ES-1A pulled better shots than this pimp-mobile of a machine! :-[

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 11:30:10 AM »

Yours or mine?

Mine was just glad to see it go!  ;D
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Tex

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 11:48:26 AM »

Yours or mine?

She probably thought you were trying to pull a fast one; "Really sweetie, I'll get rid of it as soon as Larry sends me a check for the S&H."

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »

Yours or mine?

She probably thought you were trying to pull a fast one; "Really sweetie, I'll get rid of it as soon as Larry sends me a check for the S&H."

All I know is that there was some world class eye-rollin' goin' on in Longview during that time.
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Tex

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »

Yours or mine?

All I know is that there was some world class eye-rollin' goin' on in Longview during that time.

Here too. I've never figured that out; Mrs T pulls something out of the closet that I've never seen before and it's, "Oh this old thing? I've had it for years." Yeah, right - and I DO believe in the Easter Bunny!

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »

Here too. I've never figured that out; Mrs T pulls something out of the closet that I've never seen before and it's, "Oh this old thing? I've had it for years." Yeah, right - and I DO believe in the Easter Bunny!

A purse.  It always seems to be a purse. (at least for Mrs. MMW)